Chapter Eleven

*Tuesday after school before cheer*

"Just go up to him an apologize!"

"For what? For saying the truth? He knows I'm right!"

"You may have been right but you still hurt his feelings"

"He hurt mine. He always hurts mine."

"I know but you always are the bigger person and forgives him. So be the bigger person and apologize."

"I'm done with this conversation Dylan. Talk to him."

"Rose Marie Ryan we are not done with this conversation."

"Oh yeah well whatcha gonna do if I walk away?" I smirk backing away slowly. He plays a long taking a step forward every time I take one back.

"I'm" he pauses taking a bigger step so he's closer to me, "gonna" he says taking another big step. I realize that he's about to trap me so I turn to run, unfortunately I'm too late. He grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. "Getcha!"

I laugh and squirm tying to get out of his grip. He leans down and burrows his head in the crook of my neck, placing light kisses whenever he can stop smiling. He lifts his head up for a few seconds so I take that as my chance to turn around. We stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds. He leans down and I go on my tippy toes; we are about to kiss when Jess speaks.

"Alright I've had enough of your lovey dove-yness for the night. Let's go to practice before I barf!"

"You were watching us?" I say letting go of him and turning to face her.

"Eh I was chilling in my car and was bored. Why not watch an argument? But then you guys got all couple-y and I couldn't watch it anymore. If I was gonna see two people kiss it better be me and my own boyfriend."

"You are such a stalker! What is it with people in this town?"

"I'm going to ignore that comment" she laughs. Dylan laughs too, only because he knows why I said that.

"Let's go to cheer before we end up late" I say walking to her. I wave to Dylan and then enter the gym.

Coach is chilling on the bleachers moving some papers around everyone else is in little groups along the walls talking. Jess and I join Olivia and this girl named Sara.

"Hey Rose! Hey Jess! We were just talking about the new move Coach is going to have us try today" Olivia says.

"Oh? What's that?"

"Its called a full basket toss."

"Sounds fun!" Jess says.

"Alright girls! Start warming up!"

We do are dailey jog and stretched then a warm up routine. After we finish we huddle with coach in the middle, she tells us an inspiring quote.

"Okay so today's quote is from Jerry Rice. He once said "Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrrow I can accomplish what others can't.""

"Uh oh, sounds like we will be doing something hard today" Dave, one of the boys on the team, says.

"Yes, you, Liam, Chris, and Rose will be trying a new move called a full basket toss. We will have two spotters just in case. Jess, you lead the rest of the group in our new routine since you helped me come up with it. Christina, you lead with her. Sara and Rebecca will be the spotters. Now, get to work!"

Everyone splits off into the groups she mentioned. My group stands around Coach waiting for instructions.

"Okay first Dave and Liam, you will be the base. You two, grab your left wrists and the other's right forminng a square. Then Rose you will do the bend and sponge we learned the other day and stand on the square with your right foot. Hold their shoulders for support and Chris help her hoist her weight onto their hands. As her left foot toughes down too, bend down slightly as if you're starting a sling shot. Then you boys will throw her up she will do a full layout, then catch her. Be sure to absorb her. I want you guys to practice without the layout. Just go through the movemnts. Tomorrow we will add the layout."