Chapter Four

"Rose over here!" Jess shouts across the cafeteria. I walk over to a nearly full table. Dylan, Jess, a boy I don't know, Jake and a girl, Travis, another girl, Joey, and Christina all sit at a table with only one empty seat left in between Jess and Travis.

"Pop a squat babe" Joey says smirking. I see Christina kick him and give me a dirty look. Wow someone already hates me. I roll my eyes.

"Rose this is my boyfriend, Henry" Jess says.

"Hey" I reply sitting down next to her. Out of no where, someone kicks me.

"Ow! Jake! What the hell!?"

"Sorry" he says with a smirk.

"Why in the world would you kick me!?" I say kicking him back.

"Ow! Damn girl you got strong legs"

"I play soccer, what do you expect?"

"Then you're used to being pushed around" he says kicking me again.

"Ow! Jake can you stop?" I go to kick him again but someone stops me.

"That's enough" Dylan cuts in. He smacks Jake on the back of the head. "Why'd you kick her?"

"She was smiling but it was one of her fake ones. Her real ones actually make you want to smile back."

"Jake aren't you going to introduce me?" the girl to his left asks. She has blonde hair that's been dyed brown, you can tell from her roots and she's wearing too much make up. Her shirt cuts too low revealing her boobs.

"Rose this is Kristen"

"Hi" I fake smile at her, making sure to catch a glimpse of Jake's face which is annoyed.

"So Rose you said you play soccer?" Jess asks bringing my attention away from Jake.

"Yeah I've been playing since I was five."

"That's so cool! Are you going to try out for the team this spring?"

"Yeah probably. Do you play any sports?"

"Actually I'm a cheerleader, so is Christina and Olivia."

"You should so try out! It's only for the winter season for basketball so it won't affect your soccer season. Tryouts are tomorrow!" Olivia, the girl next to Travis, says.

"Psh Rose? A cheerleader? Never" Jake replies.

"I can see it. Just picture her wearing those short skirts and her hair in a high pony with pom-poms" Dylan says staring off into the distance with a goofy grin.

"Thanks for the offer but I don't know-"

"You would be a really good flyer and cheerleaders get into any school event for free!" Jess adds. 

That's actually pretty cool. I would hate having to pay every event I go to like football games and boys soccer... Plus I did do gymnastics.

"No way, you are actually considering this?" Jake growls. Dylan smirks at his question.

"It's a good way for me to make some friends."

"OMG yes! I'll let coach know!" Jess squeals. I laugh.

"Maybe those years of gymnastics will pay off."

"You did gymnastics?" Olivia asks.

"Yeah for six years. I stopped a year ago cause my step dad made me choose." I glare at Jake. His father thought we were spending too much money on my sports so I had to pick one.