Strange Colors

I wake up, looking at the usual boring ceiling, only this time I could see a lot better. I slowly sit up, after noticing a note next to my head. A small purple butterfly clip sat on the corner, as if it were taunting me. I reluctantly pick up the letter, and after debating whether I should throw it away or not. I decided it wouldn't hurt, despite my anger due to the story of last night, and I don't like mornings. I took of the clip, placing it on the dresser and shattering it using a hammer made from my blood. Before I could read the letter, a kusugai crow flew through the window.

"Y/N MITSUKI, Y/N MITSUKI, PLEASE REPORT TO SHINOBU, THE INSECT HASHIRA, IN THE GARDEN IMMEDIATELY! I REPEAT-"

Between the crow's shouting, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu screaming their heads off as they train, and the mere mention of Shinobu, I finally reach my boiling point. I used my blood to choke the bird until it lost consciousness, being careful not to kill it as despite my anger, I don't know its owner. I blink to the door, slamming it open, once again blinking across the hall, and instead of sliding the door open, I just kicked it down, noticing Shinobu and her posse to my left. I ignored them, and quickly walked over to Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu, and for the first time in a very long time, I lost my shit.

"CAN YOU THREE SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR 5 FUCKING MINUTES?? I'M TIRED OF HEARING CONSTANT SCREAMING FROM 3 DUMBASSES EVERYTIME I WAKE UP." I hadn't even noticed the three little girls who were with them, who started tearing up. Zenitsu tried to yell at me for making them cry, but I ignored him and turned to walk back inside. But as I got to the door, I tripped over something, digging my nails into wood at the top of the door frame to stop me from falling. Holding on to the door frame, I turned to look at Shinobu, who stared back at me with a smug look on her face.

Shinobu: " You should really learn to watch where you step you know."

Y/N: "...What..."

It was difficult to form words, not because I didn't know what to say, but because I was trying to resist every urge to bite into her neck. Unbeknownst to me, I was already drooling while staring directly at Shinobu's neck, my pupils were slits, and the sclera of my eyes had turned a deep black.

Shinobu: "Hello? Are you there?"

Shinobu began poking my face, which managed to snap me back. I glanced at her hand, almost involuntarily biting it. Then it clicked. I hadn't eaten anything in several weeks, maybe even months, and it was driving me crazy. I looked away from Shinobu, trying my hardest to ignore her...but she wasn't making it easy.

Shinobu: *Poke* "Excuse me?" *poke* "are you alright?" *Poke poke* "hello?"

As Shinobu kept poking me, I tried looking for an exit. Anywhere to go to find something to eat. Many low level demons will often hide in dark caves or abandoned houses during the day. I didn't like resorting to cannibalism. But I needed to eat. I quickly rushed past Shinobu and jumped over the wall of the mansion, honestly surprised Shinobu didn't follow me. I ran through the forest, searching. I just needed one. I eventually stumbled upon a large hole behind a few boulders that only made it look more obvious. It looked like it connected to a huge underground tunnel system. And it was obviously man-made. I decided to jump into the hole, immediately being hit with the stench of blood. It didn't help my already uncontrollable drooling, but I did help my quickly locate the source. I reached the end of the maze like tunnels to find myself in a large dome shaped "room". There were 3 demons in the middle, and I could already tell that they were all pretty weak, only one slightly below lower 6 level strength. The strongest of the three looked back at me, finally noticing my entrance.

Demon 1: "Hey...who the hell are you?!?"

Y/N: "No one, I'm just hungry."

Demon 1: "Really? Well you came to the wrong place. Blitz! DROP HIM!"