Acceptance, A Dying Flame.

"Shut the fuck up and fight me."

Akaza: "Wow! Why so hostile Y/N?"

Y/N: "You know exactly why I'm fucking hostile, Akaza."

Akaza: "Is it because I mentioned your dead-"

Y/N rushes Akaza, attempting to punch him. Akaza catches his hand, twists it, and sends a fist through Y/N's stomach.

Akaza: "I don't believe I was finished talking, Y/N."

Akaza rips his arm from Y/N's stomach, and throws him into a tree.

As Akaza launches Y/N, Rengoku readies his sword, but Y/N stops him.

Y/N: "Don't. If I go down, feel free to fight him all you want, but until then, it's me, and him. No one else."

Rengoku, wanting to honor his new student's wish, lowers his sword, keeping a defensive stance in case Akaza goes for Tanjiro again.

Y/N stands up, dusts himself off, and faces Akaza once again.

Y/N: "You gonna run your mouth again, or are you going to stop stalling?"

Akaza: "I'm only trying to make simple conversation. It's been a while since we've talked, Y/N."

Y/N: "If I wanted to keep in touch, I would have."

Akaza: "Then I'll get straight to the point. Train under me again. You can do much better than demon slayers."

Y/N: "So NOW I can do better? NOW, I'm not useless? Really? You think I believe your shit?"

Akaza: "I wanted you to recognize the potential you had!"

Y/N: "You did a terrible job."

Y/N launches at Akaza once more, throwing a slow punch towards Akaza's stomach. Akaza easily dodges, and raises his fist to punch him, much to Y/N's pleasure. While he may still be weaker than Akaza, Y/N spent their time together studying him. Learning any patterns in the way he fights. Now, all he has to do is predict. As Akaza throws his punch toward Y/N, he swiftly dodges, spins, and smashes the back of his fist into Akaza's nose, causing him to back up a bit. Y/N wasn't letting him recover, throwing punch after punch, not giving Akaza the slightest chance to recover. Akaza blocks a punch aimed at his eye, but Y/N grabs his hand, pulls him closer, and drives his knee into his face, breaking a few of his teeth, which regenerated shortly after. Akaza was getting pissed. The more he was tossed around by Y/N, the angrier he got. As Y/N throws another punch, Akaza catches his hand, crushing it before Y/N backs away.

Akaza: "You're.... Stronger. Faster than I remember. What did you do?"

Y/N didn't answer Akaza, he only attempted to continue his assault. Akaza, getting used to Y/N's speed, ducks under the first punch, and punches Y/N in his chest.

Y/N drops to the ground a few feet from Akaza, mumbling to himself.

Y/N: "Yep... Still hits really fuckin hard....ow."

Y/N stands up once again, facing Akaza. Neither of them spoke this time, both only watching their opponent. Y/N wanted to use his sword, but feared Akaza would break it. As much as he disliked the color, it was somewhat special to him. So he had to improvise.

Akaza was first to start this time, launching a punch Y/N was barely able to dodge. Akaza quickly throws another punch, which Y/N tried to block, but Akaza's fist went straight through Y/N's arm, hitting him in the face.

Y/N regrows his arm and headbutts Akaza, taking a quick, sharp breath as he recovers.

Y/N: "Improvised Flame Breathing: Blazing Fist!"