Rehabilitation.

(SUN_ARTZS)
.
.
.
.
.
.
It had been been a little under a month since the defeat of Daki and Gyutaro. After the group has survived both the battle and the long trip back to the Butterfly Mansion, Team Tanjiro passed out the moment they relaxed, and haven't woken up since, leaving everyone to worry for their well being.

As for Tengen, his wives, and Y/N...Tengen stayed for about a week, and by stayed, I mean Shinobu forced him to stay so his wounds could heal. But the second she left to go on a mission, Tengen, despite the complaints of his wives, took the medicine Shinobu gave him for the pain and got up to leave, only to stop by the medical ward and offer Y/N his thanks. But when the still poisoned demon refused his thanks, he walked over and whacked him on the head before scolding him.
________________________________

Tengen: "Stop that!"

Y/N: "Hey, asshole! I'm injured!"

Tengen: "I'm serious."

Y/N's smile fades slightly at Tengen's change of tone.

Tengen: "Stop putting yourself down. You had a crucial role in that fight, whether you think you did or not. You helped do something no one has every seen done before. That means something."

As Tengen finished his pep-talk, Makio walked over with a look of embarrassment.

Makio:" I uh....know my words probably won't mean much to you, but...you didn't know who we were or...what we did...but you still stuck your neck out for us, knowing you might...lose your head..."

An awkward silence follows Makio's poor attempt at a joke, leaving her to continue, even more embarressed than before.

Makio: "Look, what I'm trying to say is...you put your life on the line to protect us...and hundreds of others. You deserve to feel prideful. You earned it."

Makio looks away to hide her face before saying the last part of her little speech.

Makio: "And...I know Hinatsuru and Suma already told you...but...thanks. For..saving our lives, I guess..."

Makio swiftly exits the room to hide in her shame, followed by Suma and Hinatsuru.

Tengen: "One more thing before I go."

Tengen reaches his hand out, waiting for Y/N to grab it, which he does.

Tengen: "Kyojuro trusted you for a reason. He believed in you. So I'll believe in you too. Don't let me down."

Y/N smiles as he and Tengen shake hands, almost as if making a promise to each other, before Tengen finally decided to actually leave. As he did, Y/N noticed something in his hand. A Tsuba.

Y/N: "How the hell...."

Y/N admires the rough sword guard in his hands.

Y/N: "The edges need to be smoothened...so does the middle...but if I can manage that....I could use this for Rengoku's..."

Y/N smiles to himself before clutching the Tsuba and laying back in his bed.
________________________________

Since Tengen had left a few weeks ago, and none of Team Tanjiro were available, given they were all still in a coma, Y/N was mostly on his own. Sumi, Naho, Kiyo, and Aoi were all usually occupied doing various chores, while Kanao was always either training or worrying about Tanjiro.

Shinobu had just gotten back from her latest mission a few hours ago, but was more focused on finding a way to neutralize the poison still stuck in Y/N's body. Y/N would usually try to help in any way he could, but he was currently unable to, due to the fact that having hardened blood blocking the already poisoned blood throughout parts of his body and limbs left him....stuck. He was like a really fleshy potato.