A Little Mishap...

After taking a few more days to make sure he and his body were once again perfectly tuned, Y/N decided he'd take a little rest...turns out, the Mansion had better ideas.

In the middle of decompressing, Y/N hears a vase shatter from inside the Mansion, both freaking him out and annoying him a lot more than it should have.

Upon making his way to said noise, however, he finds Kanao standing next to Tanjiro, who seems to have just woken up from his coma.

Kanao: "I'm so glad you're awake..."

Y/N: "And he lives! Had me worried for a second...that's a lie, I knew you'd pull through, I just didn't want to seem like an asshole."

Kanao sits down next to the bed so she could check on him, leaving Y/N to stand next to the door feeling a bit out of place....until a random Kakushi walks up, places what looks to be some kind of dessert on a nearby table, and cleans up the shards of the ceramic vase, all with a look of annoyance on his face.

Y/N: (...Do I know him? He seems familiar for some reason.)

After cleaning up the shards and cleaning up the water, he picks the dessert back up and walks to Tanjiro's bedside, opposite of Kanao.

Kakushi: "Excuse me. I'm going to set this castella down, but make sure you clear it away after a while. It seems like it's about to go bad, so you can have it."

Tanjiro: "Oh. Thank you...very much."

After a few seconds of what seemed to be shocked silence, the plate from the Kakushi's hand falls and all of it's contents almost fall onto the bed, but Y/N, not wanting sweets to be wasted, somehow managed to go from the door to the foot of the bed in time to catch three of out the four slices.

Suddenly the Kakushi started shouting at Kanao and Y/N, angry with the fact that Tanjiro was awake and neither of them had told anyone yet.

Kakushi: "HE'S AWAKE?! MAKE SOME NOISE ABOUT THAT!! WHAT ARE YOU, SCATTERBRAINED?!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CALL FOR SOMEONE! SAY 'HE'S AWAKE' OR 'HE'S OUT OF HIS COMA!', DON'T JUST SIT THERE!"

The Kakushi angrily stomps past them, muttering to himself about seniority and how they were irresponsible, while Kanao silently apologizes by bowing as he leans out the door.

Kakushi: *Inhale* KIYO! SUMI! NAHO! AOI! TANJIRO'S WOKE UP FROM HIS COMA!"

It didn't take long for Sumi, Naho, and Kiyo to flood into the room, but the second they saw Tanjiro conscious, they burst into tears...which made Y/N a bit sad, as they weren't this relieved when they saw he was okay. But he soon shook the thought away and smiled.

The three immediately crowded around Tanjiro, jumping onto his bed and talking through their tears.

Kiyo: "Thank goodness you're okay!"

Sumi: "You can have my crackers!"

Y/N: "I don't think crackers are going to help righ-"

Sumi looks at Y/N with tear filled eyes, making him quickly change his words to benefit her happiness.

Y/N: "Actually...He's been asleep for a while. He should eat."

Sumi goes back to trying to give Tanjiro crackers, probably trying to help with his recovery. Meanwhile, Naho was...in a completely different mindset.

Naho: "There's castella on the bed..."

Y/N: "Oh, right...I forgot I missed one...Oh well."

Y/N takes a bite out of one the slices, angering the Kakushi who brought them in.