Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hearing my alarm clock going off I lifted my arm from underneath my comforter I quickly smashed the Stop button and began my morning routine.
Same thing every morning I head to the washroom brush my teeth, wash my face, and take a shower. Walking into my closet I had many suits to pick from I decided on a dark blue Armani suit and I paired it with my dark blue Gucci jordan velvet loafers.
I attached my silver cuff links with my initials on the front AC standing for Anthony Carter. I paired that with my white gold 10k earrings I got for my birthday last year. I looked down at my sunburst blue white gold Patek watch checking the time, seeing I had some time to spare I went to the kitchen to see what's for breakfast.
"Good morning Sylvia" I greeted my personal chef as I looked across the counter seeing an assortment of freshly baked muffins, bagels , and toast, as well as a bowl of freshly cut fruit and a plate full of pastries.
"Good morning Mr. Carter." She spoke with a smile and going back to baking.
I grabbed a muffin and sat at the table while my butler Gregory began to fill my usual cup of coffee.

"Good morning Gregory." I spoke as I looked up at him and then the cup.

"Good morning Mr. Carter, as you requested your car is heating up as we speak." He spoke as he turned to me and smiled.

"Thank you that'll be all." I spoke nodding my head as he began to walk off.

I took out my phone and began to go over emails. I'm the editor of Men's Wear nothing gets printed unless it goes through me first I see every little detail as well as every piece of clothing that goes inside the magazine, I'm present during photo shoots as well as every runway show. We're currently working on the new winter issue so I've been booked with photo shoots as well as sit ins because I only accept the best of the best. Realizing I have a strategy meeting to get to I finished my breakfast and headed for the door.

Pulling up to the building I locked eyes with the valet he jogged over to my door
"Good morning Mr. Cater how are you?" He said as he opened my door .

"I'm doing great and how about yourself ?" I asked grabbing my coat and stepping out.

"Oh just another day another dollar" he replied as he smiled and slid in the driver seat.

Anthony gave him a simple head nod as he walked inside the building and rode the elevator to the 10th floor.
Pushing his way through the door he was greeting by his assistant Marsha.
"I already have the over brief for today's meeting sitting on your desk, you also have a booking with Nike to go over their newest shoes for the winter collection they wanna discuss strategy and looks for the photoshoot I made for Tuesday." She uttered all in one breath as she continued to walk and talk.

"Ok great anything else I'll be in my office going over the over brief." I said while walking into my glass office and sitting at my desk.

I opened the Manila folder began to go over the ideas and clippings the men's fashion line posted for their notes I also made my own notes of things that I didn't like and felt needed to be changed so I wouldn't forget in the meeting. Grabbing my office phone I pressed the number 1 for Marsha's desk.
"Yes Mr.Carter" she answered on the first ring
"Can you bring me the new issues book I need to take a look at it." I asked politely while flipping around my pen.
"Sure thing." She said before hanging up .

The book was something like the golden rule to follow when it came to certain seasons as well as certain issues. I always look over it to make sure I'm not missing anything.

"Here you go and that meeting is in 10." She added while placing the book on my desk.
"Ok thank you I'll be ready." I replied as she walked out closing the door.
I opened the book and skimmed through the clippings I wanted to take the men's fashion line to a different level this year and what they sent in last night for me to review wasn't exactly what I had in mind. They were missing the mark , I looked through last years clippings and came up with an idea.
I grabbed my notes as well as the Manila folder and headed to the meeting with Marsha close behind.
Walking into the conference room the editors photographers as well as the president and his assistant for the men's fashion line were all sitting at the table speaking amongst themselves.
"Good morning everyone let's get this started." I spoke  grasping everyone's attention and taking a seat at the head of the table.
Everyone had their own notes as well as a clean paper to take more notes.
"I looked over the brief and I won't say I'm disappointed but this isn't giving that cold winter look I'm going for" I spoke clasping my hands together sitting them on the table.