Chapter 13

Anthony

It has been a solid month since I been back in New York, back to where I'm comfortable in my city in my office. In my territory, after the shooting and the fire I had to come back and regroup. I haven't heard from Serena or Loyalty whatever her name is nor have I figured who order the hit. With the around the clock nurses helping gain mobility back in my right arm and being at the office 24/7 I haven't had much time but make no mistake finding her is at the top of my list of priorities.

Knock knock

"Come in."

"Hey I have the book for the men's fashion line for this upcoming summer." My assistant Marsha said as she came strutting into my office.

"Ok lemme see it." I replied holding out my hand.

Flipping through the pages I seen cutouts of jean shorts and polo colored shirts of various colors.

"I like what I see but where's the logo?"

"It's on the inside stitching on the back near the tag." She replied standing over my shoulder and flipping through a couple of pages until she came across the page she was looking for.

"These shorts only come in one color."

"From what I can see."

"Get the chief of the men's line on the phone please."

"Sure thing boss." With that she strutted out of my office the same way she came in.

A few minutes later my phone was ringing.

"Carter."

"This is the chief speaking."

"I have your book on my desk I'm looking through it and I see the shorts are only in denim."

"Yes sir."

"This is a summer line so I want summer colors, dark green, dark blue, light yellow, maybe even a peach color."

"Not a problem sir, but that means we'll have to change the colors of the shirts."

"I'm sure that won't be a problem for your designers and I expect them to be finished near the end of winter."

"But sir that's in a few weeks."

"Then you better get started, I want them to look like sweat suits but with jean material so use the same fabric for the shirts."

"Yes sir."

"I'll be looking to have the sketches on my desk by the morning." I hung up without giving him a chance to respond.

I signaled for Marsha to come back into my office.

"Yes?"

"Do we have a book for the shoe line?"

"Not yet sir."

"Ok make sure he gets on that asap I want the shoes to match the men's line but not tacky."

She began jotting notes in her notepad.

"Tell him to get with the men's line I expect his sketches to be on my desk in the morning as well. Make sure he knows he has until the end of the winter to have the actual shoes."

"Not a problem."

"That'll be all."

Leaning back in my chair I checked the clock seeing it was a little past 5pm dreading going back to my penthouse, it was very lavish to fit my lifestyle I used to find solace going back home but after Loyalty I just don't know anymore going back to a lonely house just seems....odd.