Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Stepping off the jet I took in the Miami heat, not muggy and humid but just a kick of heat with a slight breeze. I instantly smiled feeling the warmth.
Approaching the limo waiting for me I greeted the driver.

"Hello how are you?" I asked stopping at the door as he held it open.

"I'm doing fine." He replied closing the door as I climbed in.

I sat on the soft leather cushion as Buck and Tee loaded my bags into the trunk. Once they climbed in we pulled off in direction to I assumed where my hotel will be.
Minor chatter made its way around the limo and I tuned it to a few things but mostly I was quiet. That's usually how I am before getting my new assignment I like to have a clear head in order to stay on my toes. I noticed the limo started to slow down so I opened my eyes and took a peek out of the limo. I noticed we were pulling up to a house instead of a hotel like usual.

"We're not going to a hotel?" I asked in a confused tone looking at Buck

"No, you'll be staying here." He replied looking at his phone I guess checking for the text making sure it was ok to come in.

I didn't respond I just followed orders I knew if I was staying here instead of a hotel there was a very good reason.
Walking up to the doors of the house I was eager to see Kp get my assignment and get the job done I was long over due for a vacation and although Miami is beautiful this is a strictly business trip. Buck opened the door for me to walk in I took in the chandelier hanging from the ceiling as well as the egg shell color on the walls and the pictures that aligned them.
I seen Kp sitting at the dinning room table talking on the phone. He held up 1 finger telling me to hold on I nodded and sat in the chair across from him.
Hanging up the phone he gave me a big smile.

" Hows my favorite girl?" He asked holding his arms out for a hug which I gladly accepted.

"I'm doing very well the last assignment went fairly smooth nice and easy just how I like it." I smiled into his warm embrace before pulling away and going back to my seat.

"Yes I figured it would, but I'm afraid your next one won't be so easy." He stated giving me a blank stare.

"Ok give it to me straight what are we looking at." I said sitting up in my seat ready to get down to business.

"Before we start I never asked you, how long do you plan to do this because you've been my best girl for 7 years now and I want to know what your plans are." He leaned back in his chair stroking his beard.

"Well I never thought about that, the money is real nice and although I have a few million saved up I'm not sure what I want to do with it all, I do however would like to take a vacation." I said thinking over my answer.

"Ok that's good how about you take your vacation after this assignment figure out what you wanna do and have me an answer by the time you get back deal?"

"Deal" I responded back with a smile

"Now I'm gonna tell you this assignment won't be easy this is one of the biggest jobs we've ever done the person that hired us seemed a little nervous about it not being executed properly within a sufficient time frame, which is why I'm putting you on it because I know you will get it done." He glanced over at me and I nodded indicating for him to continue.

"This will also be our longest assignment because it has to be handled with care and precision, that's why you'll be staying here instead of a hotel you will also have a cover story I have everything you'll need in your folder." He pushed a red folder across the table.

I skimmed over it without saying a word.
"The assignment is simple get close to him make him trust you and when he doesn't expect it you know what to do." Be sure to be discreet so he doesn't figure you out from what I've been told he's a smart guy he throws himself into his job so he doesn't have time for women but I have faith in you I know if anyone can get the job done it's you." He finished as he took a zip of his scotch

"Do I have a time frame?" I asked curiously while raising an eyebrow.

" No later than March 1st" He said shrugging his shoulders

"That's 4 months from now."

"Yes I know I'm giving you a wide range because this has to be done with care this man is known for not trusting people and not letting anyone in I want you to learn his patterns his daily routines what makes him tick also what makes him calm I need you to know him inside and out so when he's vulnerable he'll think you really care so he'll let his guard down because that is what we ultimately want." He said pulling out a Cuban cigar from his box and clipping the tip before lighting it and taking a pull.

"Any special requests?" I asked giving him my full attention I can see now this job is extremely important.

"I need you to report back to me at the end of every day so I can make sure everything is according to plan in case we need to switch up our strategy once you start to get close to him we'll loosen up that time to give you a chance to gather information, Our sources have set up a meeting with him his plane will land in a few short days I need you to follow him see where he goes learn his routine so you can randomly run into him make it subtle but not too subtle because like I said he doesn't indulge in relationships. Everything you need to know about him up until this point is in that folder, anymore questions."

"The assignment will be finished before March." I spoke confidently standing up from my seat to give him a hug goodbye as he began to grab his belongings.

"After this take a vacation seriously." He laughed pulling me into a hug.

"I plan to." I spoke honestly

"You'll be staying here by yourself in order to keep up with your cover story but Buck and Tee have an air bnb not too far from here so you can always give them a ring if need be I'll be heading back to New York if you need me you know how to get in touch." He spoke walking out the door with his personal security trailing in front and behind. He had 3 all black Escalades he jumped into the back one and pulled off I asked why he travels that way and he said so his enemies never know which one he's in.

I walked up the long winding staircase to the master bedroom where Buck and Tee placed my bags, the room was painted a light pink with a canopy bed 2 silver wood dressers and a flat screen mounted to the wall. I walked over to my suitcase and began to rummage through it. I decided on a Versace 2 piece pajama set with the matching slippers and headed for the shower. The bathroom seemed to be even bigger than the room with a jetted tub in the middle of the floor, to the right was a glass shower but the tile inside was a waterfall scene , straight across from the shower was double his and her sinks, to the far left of the bathroom was a private toilet with a door attached. I turned the water to the Hot dial and climbed in.

After doing my hygiene I pulled my hair into and messy bun and walked down the stairs to make a cup of peppermint tea and get started on this research I also grabbed my laptop in case I needed to look a few things up.

I said on the tan wrap around couch and began to open the folder. I looked at the first page Age Birthday, race, hair color, eye color, occupation and of course a picture. I heavily examined the details as well as the picture to make a mental note of everything I read over.  The second page held information on his background as well as family members their descriptions and pictures. The 3rd page was the background on his business as well as his net-worth and the current project with Insane Athletes. I picked up my computer and googled him to check his stats and to see what others think of him.

After doing all of my research I checked  the time on my phone and noticed it was 2am I decided to get some rest because tomorrow starts day 2 of my research. My plan was to do as much research as possible so when he arrives I can solely focus on him.