Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Wake up we're about to land." I hear Big say as he gently wakes me up.

I stretch and yawn glancing out the windows. I take a look at the beaches on the ground below us and suddenly feel at peace. I'm eager to start my vacation. It's been 3 years I've been at this shit for 3 years and no vacation. Finally, but then I begin to feel sad that Anthony isn't here with me. I've put the last 24 hours out my mind only because I didn't want to the about what was happened this morning.

"You already know what hotel you're checking into?" Big asks as he walks me down the steps of the jet.

"Yes Cap Juluca I made reservations right before take off." I reply as he walks me over to the limo and helping me inside. I turn around and see the limo driver putting my bags in the trunk.

Suddenly the door opens and Big slides in and sits in the seat across from me. I begin to ask him the question that's been on my mind ever since we left Miami.

" Do you know why Kp showed up at the house last night?"

"Well it was brought to his attention that some of the guys he had follow you just to make sure you were safe ended up telling him they thought you were becoming to close to the mark."

"Wasn't that the point?"

"I think you know exactly what kind of getting too close I mean" He said with a slight chuckle

I thought about what he said for a moment then it dawned on me Big was one of the guys he had follow me. We go way back to when I was a teenager in the gun range just practicing I've always wanted to run with Kp in his boys however back then it was a guy named Tone running things and Kp was his right hand but when Tone got clipped one night Kp took over and I used that as my chance to get in the game. See Kp would always take notice to my aim he said I was very talented with the tool and born natural but for some reason Tone would never let him put me on so once Kp moved up I kept making it known I was solid so he started grooming me showing me the ropes, once Big came into the picture his title was Kp's bodyguard the type of nigga that would drop a nigga for even looking like he was on some hoe shit. So once I got in good with Big he became my bodyguard as well and where ever I go he goes I'm the priority.

"So if I didn't get the job done he was gonna do both of us?" I ask finally breaking outta my thoughts

"Look. I know we all go way back but just like you have a boss Kp does as well. If it wasn't handled someone in our crew had to be handled you know how this shit go."

I just nodded in response. I'm not gonna lie I did have second thoughts so many times I wanted to tell Anthony the truth but when Kp came in the room it was like all emotions switched off and I was in robot mode.

Everything went silent after that and I took in the scenery I watched us pass by tall buildings kids playing hop scotch outside etc.

"Hi I have a reservation for Loyalty." I said to the receptionist walking up to the desk.

She began to click away on some keys. I turned to my right and watch Big and the consierge bring in my bag. After paying and receiving my room key I head towards the elevator to go to my room.

Once we reached my door I turned to Big.

"Are you staying at this hotel too."

"Nah imma give you your privacy imma check into the one down the street, I'm only here for a few more days then imma head back to Miami and catch up with Kp?"

"Ok cool well you know where to find me and if not hit me." With that I walked into my room bringing my bags in. I set my duffle bag on the bed and walk around checking everything out. I turn on the TV trying to find something in English but nothing worth watching.