"Chapter Three"

Xolo

I'm still in shock that it took me two days to see her again. I have so many questions.

"So what's your names?" Oshun asked them.

"...Diana..." the one girl says. The other looked tense, almost annoyed.

"You?" Oshun asked.

She seemed distant ever since her friend spoke. It's like... something shocked her to the point she's still rendered speechless and annoyed.

"...Amara." She finally spoke.

So that's her name. Amara.

"I've heard those two kids call you songbird."

Diana noticed the rift between her and Amara and kept quiet.

"They..." Amara was trying to find the right words, "They look up to me as a big sister." She would finish.

Oshun nods as the waiter comes to take their orders as well. I can still sense the anger in Amara.

"So I hope you two mind me asking... are you homeless or something?"

"Oshun." I sternly said.

"No it's fine—"

"Yeah it's fine." Amara said, still annoyed. I wonder what's going on inside her mind.

Amara

I feel so dirty... The person whom I thought was my closest friend who never explained why she lost her voice suddenly starts speaking to strangers. I still wonder if this what Betsy—

You'll see yourself.

Your dream... coming true.

This... it all makes sense.

Diana is rambling about her life story while I'm just sitting here, drinking my water. The brother would look at her and listen but also sometimes look in my direction. She is too young— him? Maybe he's a producer or director?? I felt a hand gently poke mine and I looked and it was Xolo.

"Mind if I spoke with you alone?" He politely asked.

"Uh... sure." I responded as we got up and he took me somewhere quiet.

"I'm sorry to pull you away, I noticed how tense you are... ever since..." his voice trailed off.

I took a deep breath. Should I tell him? I mean... his sister and himself are going out of their way to take me and... her out to lunch.

"You don't have to tell me if you want to but... wanted to see if you were okay."

That's so sweet...

"You see: Diana has always been shy and mute. She would never told me why she would never spoke snd preferred sign language. I even had to learn some of it from her to try communicate. She lied to me all this time and I felt like our friendship is out of the window." I rambled on realizing, "sorry."

"No need to apologize." He friendly smiled, "that's why I pulled you aside for a reason. To let you vent to me only."

"But yeah...I'm just so shocked, angry, disappointed..." I continued to admit.

"I understand. You feel betrayed. Maybe she'll explain to you in time."

I hope so... it better be a good reason.