"Chapter Seventeen"

Couple days later...

Few days went by. I officially discharge tomorrow. Though doctors expect me to only stay at home and be bed written until my ribs and leg are fully recovered.  Xolo would try his best to drop in and make daily visits as well Jacob, Mary, Peyton... and I was able to meet the other cast and crew themselves one by one.

...Yes, Laura, Micaela, and Jon's family came to visit me as well. Diana would try to get out of bed to come check up on me and we kept each other company. Since she didn't take much as I did, she was discharged yesterday. But Mic had helped her get on her feet: getting a job at the studios as a receptionist... a cheap apartment she can afford... as well help Di adopt the kids. All of Betsy's predictions were coming true.

Betsy...

I imagined she probably just passed away and died happy. I don't where or when she passed but I had a feeling she probably did die seeing how she said she's "spending her last days on earth,"

Oh Betsy, you weird, cryptic old lady....

I felt someone grab my hands and woke me up from a light sleep.

"Oh sorry, babe." Xolo said with an awkward smile.

I smiled.

"It's okay... I just didn't expect you to come."

"Of course, I always wanna be there for my girlfriend."

Despite him teaching me more Spanish, he's been going easy on it because I'm trying to recover and I'm on all of these medications that make me tired and not think properly. I weakly smiled... I know he also leaves tonight... he was dreading it yesterday but I told him I'll be fine. I'll have Jacob and Peyton to help me... or his Mom.

Even though he really wanted to be there when I met his Mom, but he wanted to make it fair for me to meet his Mom before I meet his family... and he needs to meet...

I shook my head, ignoring the thought of him meeting my parents. They would be disgusted of him until they found out he's an successful actor with millions of money and fans. Then pressure him into marrying and kids.

I mean... it's too soon for marriage or kids with Xolo. Then again— we did technically —

Okay, Amara this is too inappropriate to think about that night while you're in the hospital. You also promised it won't happen again until you're engaged and or married to him... but why do I have a feeling it's gonna happen again before that?

"You okay, babe?"

"Oh, sorry..." I was pretending to be in a daze. He kissed my cheek.

No. Not here. Not right now.

"I really wish I can stay with you until you're back on your feet..."

"I know, babe... but you can't delay any more."

He sighed.

"I know. I'd miss you way too much." He paused, "though I wouldn't you mind coming with me but I know the doctors won't allow it with your condition right now."

And he has a point. I cannot come because I'm still recovering.

"So... you want to set up a schedule where we can text and call each other?" I asked as he quickly nods.

"Of course, I'll text you good morning and goodnight and call you those times to give a goodnight or good morning kiss." He said as I blushed.

I've never had a long distance relationship before. But I know in my mind: Betsy was reminding me that our relationship has a strong and unbreakable bond. But even with a few bumps on the road, our path is still clearer as day.

"Xolo..." I said his name softly as I reached for my journal.

"What's that?"

"Xolo... I know you probably always wondered what my life was like when I was a homeless nomad..." I said softly as he opened it. He would read through most pages intensely.

I had started it when I got kicked out of my own home. But I stopped when I was living with Jon. Writing in it almost helped my sanity of my day to day life. I haven't wrote in it since I got in the hospital since my journal has been at the village the whole time.

"Wow... you can probably publish it as a autobiography."

I haven't thought about it. That's actually a good idea.

"Maybe I will..." I said softly as Xolo smiled.

"I know you had a rough life, but I'm glad it got better when you not only met Jon's family... but Oshun and I." He said as I smiled.

And he's right: not only Jon's family changes my life, but his little sister and himself changed it again. I am always grateful for him and Oshun...

I hugged onto Xolo tight.

"I love you so much..."

"I love you too." He caressed my hair during the hug.

A loud "ahem," can be heard and it was the nurse.. I sighed as I gave Xolo one last kiss before he leaves... I'm going to miss him a lot and I know he will too...