"Chapter Four"

Xolo

After taking her back to my place, Jacob was surprised to see her.

"Who's the girl?" Jacob asked.

"I'm Amara..."

Jacob then looked at her then back at me, grinning.

"Oh I seeeeee. You brought over a girlfriend over." He teased.

"Oh no." I said as she embarrassedly flustered.

"I just met him earlier... he's just a friend."

Jacob studied her once more.

"Wait. Aren't you that songbird that Xolo was looking for?"

Amara's eyebrow raised as she slowly turned towards me. I embarrassedly flustered. Jacob bursts out laughing.

"So. What brought you back here?" Jacob asked.

"Your roommate and his sister insisted to take me shopping but honestly they really don't have to do that... or all of this." She awkwardly admits.

All this time she seems so soft, gentle, shy...

"Well- you deserve it." Jacob said with a smile as he held out his hand, "Jacob by the way."

"Wait..." she didn't shook it right away. She studied him.

"You're the kid that scared Judy and Elijah with the Mohawk." She said with a smile as she shook it.

Jacob laughed.

"Yeah that's me... I didn't meant to though."

I chuckled.

"Please... make yourself at home."

I can see this made Amara smile once again... looking teary eyed. She sat down her guitar case. It looks old and very dirty. Jacob was going to lean forward.

"Don't touch!" She exclaimed as it made her cover her mouth, "sorry... please... this is very valuable to me." She said softly.

Jacob smiled warmly. I know I've been quiet but... maybe Jacob and everyone was right: maybe I'm in love... but only slightly. I'm also still taken in that the mystery girl I tried to find for two days is in front of me.

"Anyways where is your bathroom to bathe?"

"I'll show you." I offered as she nods.

Amara

After he leads me to the bathroom.

"Hey... thank you."

"Oh you don't need to thank me."

"I mean it... thank you. You're one of the people who helped me out."

He continued to warmly smile. He left to give me some clothes.

"Since I know Oshun wants to take you shopping so badly..."

"Again she doesn't have to."

"She really insists..." he said with an awkward smile.

I nod slowly before I go in the bathroom and it looks so... fancy. I was in awe before I turned on the tub and immediately took my clothes off. When I put my foot in, the immediate rush of warm water hit me. I haven't had a bath in years... even though the village had some showers but we don't use it because of the water was extremely cold and pressure isn't great.

Immediate relaxation hit me soon as I get in. I could get used to this.

Xolo