"Chapter Ten"

Warning smut is gonna be in this chapter. Read with caution!

Eventually Betsy left, the boys had an idea to try get me into gaming. I was confused but quickly absorbed it. I needed this day with them... since they've been trying to cook for me... I figured to try learn cooking. Jacob figured to get his "ship," happening, he let Xolo try to teach me.

"That Betsy woman was nice."

"Yeah. I only have her and Di and of course the little rascals." I said softly with a smile while scrolling through the recipe. Xolo chuckled. He also had some Mexican music on. And Xolo stopped to... serenade me?

He does sing very good. I was almost mesmerized. I was listening while I was working on dinner. I felt him hugging me from behind.

"Someone is getting handsy."

He moved his hands.

"Sorry."

Fuck it... I don't care if we become a couple. Betsy said we'd become a couple very soon...

"You know... this could be like a date." I said teasingly to try to get him to blush.

And it worked.

"Really? I didn't think it was a date... unless you want it to be."

We did want to do a small pizza date but... seeing how it won't happen any time soon... this could be the closest.

"I guess it's a date then." I said as I smiled.

Then Xolo grinned.

"Then if it's a date I'm leaving you two with the house!" Jacob said that startled us.

Both of us had a small laugh after we finished making the cheesy Mac n cheese for dinner. Xolo and I looked at each other longingly. He was still behind me and our hands touched. I was beginning to burn up.

"Shall we taste our delicious food?" He asked with a smile.

"We shall." I said as he grabbed plates and forks.

After setting the table ready for each other, we finally began to eat. My mouth was watering from the first time. I felt like I was in Heaven.

"God we are amazing cooks." He said too.

"Indeed we did something delicious." I joined in with a laugh.

"You know... Amara." He begins softly before he took a drink, "I'm glad Oshun pointed you out to me... I would still would've tried to find you if she didn't."

"You're so sweet."

"I'm serious. I really am glad. Because I was able to fall in love with you, Songbird." He said softly, "and this sounds cheesy.... Pun intended."

"Oh shut up." I said jokingly.

He laughed for a bit. We looked at each other and he grabbed my hands.

"Mara, if you mind me calling me that... I've been wanting to ask you this for so long." He begins, he was nervous.

"Mara... I never had a nickname like that. I like it, but do go on."

"I want to ask you... if you want to become my girlfriend."

"I thought you'd never ask." I said as I got up to kiss him gently.