"Chapter Seven"

Trigger warning physical abuse and scars will be mentioned. Read with caution.

After a huge shopping spree for clothes and a phone, we finally made back. Mary hung out for a bit before her and Jacob went to produce the show they're in. Xolo and I were practically alone... at home.

"And that's about it!" Xolo chirped after helping me set up my iPhone.

"Thank you..." I said as I put my new phone down.
There was more silence like last night and huge awkward tension.

"So... Mary told me you're in a show?" I began, trying to break the ice.

"Yeah." He said with a nod.

I took a deep breath. I guess in order to stay friends with him he needs to know the truth.

"You know... I do know some karate."

"Really?" Xolo replied surprised.

"Yeah. Jon was a Sensei at his own dojo."

I remember when Jon took me in, he taught me some moves. He also took me to his dojo a lot and I was able to bond with the kids and adults. But mainly the kids loved me.

"Oh? Where is the dojo?"

"Far... very far. I don't even know if it's around still since he's—" my voice trailed off. I felt a hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

"Do you want to show me...?" Xolo asked curiously.

"Oh no! I'm probably rusty." I admit.

"Come onnnnnn." Xolo whined, giving puppy eyes.

I shook my head no until he kept pleading... a lot.

"Okay okay."

He excitedly said yes. He leads me to the backyard and after we bowed, he got into his stance and I got into mine as we sparred. He was good... too good. Eventually he knocks me down and had me pinned. We were laughing together and then... it happened again. Us staring at each other's eyes.

"I told you." I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah but still you're pretty good." He said with a laugh as well.

More silence and we stayed there for awhile. It felt like an eternity of us staring at each other, smiling and blushing. Eventually our lips touched and we kissed. What are we doing?! I thought— I thought we're taking it slow but why does the kiss also feels so right?!

My mind is screaming and my heart racing. Eventually he pulls away, his thumb on my cheek as he smiled. I looked at him half afraid. He took notice.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concerned as he gets up and I still was on the ground.

"This is a mistake." I admit as tears shed, "Why me?"

He held out his hand.

"Why you? Because you're the mystery girl I eventually—"

"Stop! I don't want to hear it!" I yelled.

I can hear my parents laughing... shunning me.

"This is mistake. I wanted to be friends and take it slow but it's so goddamn hard." I panicked.

"I know it's hard for me too... I'm in love with you—"

"How can you be in love with a ugly bitch like me?!"

Xolo

When she called herself an ugly bitch, my heart stung.