"Chapter Nineteen"

Next morning, I slept in. I felt so tired from all that has happened still... mentally and physically. Thought I can't hibernate forever. Since I don't want to worry Jacob (and maybe Peyton if she stayed over), I lay in Xolo's bed and grabbed my phone and put in my passcode.

Jacob, you awake?

I typed and hit sent. While waiting for a response. I went through my photos... I looked at the photos of myself and saw how I looked so skinny... I looked at my body and I'm now about average built but still a bit skinny. The more I look at myself seeing the slow change to it, the more I feel... confident.

The Amara from now almost a month ago would've shamed their own body and the scars they had. But ever since I've been taken in by Jacob and Xolo... I've been changing myself. Not for them but for me...

...But of course I do have some doubts with myself. I know when Jon took me in, I was like this up until Jon passed. I had doubt about Xolo's and I relationship... Bet's predictions... I wiped a tear across my cheek, sniffling a little but flinching a bit from the pain.

Jacob. Wake your ass up. I need the pain meds.

I texted him again. Before putting my phone down and grabbing my journal instead. I would somewhat either read or skim through.

"Wow... you can probably publish it as a autobiography."

You know what? Maybe I will... I grabbed a pencil.

Jacob

I was still passed out after hanging out with Peyton. We kept it casual and I noticed how sometimes Peyton would've checked up on Amara and I would as well. Peyton was really fond of her. I don't blame her. Amara is such a great person. She definitely fit in the molds with Xolo's and I's craziness.

I heard noises that made me wake up, but I had my eyes shut to listen. It was like sound of... tapping? I immediately got out of bed, already knowing it was Amara was already out of Xolo's bed. I had a bit of head rush almost falling over.

"Amara!" I called out.

"What?" Amara said calmly as she had the crutches under her arms.

"You've scared me half to death."

Amara's eyebrow raised.

"I was just walking...?" She said confused, "You were sleeping so I'd figure—"

Ever since Amara became a close friend of mine, I began to have the brotherly instincts to kick in sometimes.

"You could've hollered-"

"Xolo told me you're a deep sleeper."

"...Touché."

Amara looked around, assuming that Peyton was in bed still.

"Is Peyton here?"

"Nah. She left last night and had to do some stuff."

She frowned a bit.

"Darn. I was gonna ask if she wants to do the makeover later."