Screams in the night

Today I'm gonna meet up with the gang after school, since I don't have so long today. It's kinda cool to hang out with them. They might be idiots but at least they're not as annoying as my classmates. We are six people: Rhysand (or Rhy), Connor, Mira, Cleo, Derek and me. Rhy is the dad of the group, always taking care of us. Connor and Mira are the idiots. They go into every stupid situation that is possible and when people talk about us behind our back, they're always like dogs, threatening to beat the shit out of them. Derek is the anime fanboy. When he starts, no one can stop him. Cleo is the Mum of the group also taking care of us. And I'm the introverted Goth, that hates other human beings. They were the first people who talked to me. When I came into school Rhy and Cleo were in the senior class, so almost out of school. Mira and Derek were one class above me and Connor was the first one of my class, who got kicked out. Wanna know the reason? He threw a chair at our teacher because he thought he saw a wasp. I mean I can't blame him, I would've thrown something too but not a chair. Oh well, because of what he did I kinda started to like him. A crazy dude that doesn't care about what others think of him. And now that he has Mira (and Mira is as bad as him) they're much worse. They always say: „Prepare for trouble and make it double!" And then Derek starts talking about Pokémon. Sometimes I just sit with them, saying nothing. Not because I feel left out or something but because I just admirer them and I like listening to them. The first few times I did it Rhy or Cleo would always ask if everything's ok, but now they know that I'm fine when I do it. I don't deserve them. Not one of them. They might be dumb and some of them might have been kicked out of school, but they're cool and really nice people. I don't know what would happen if I would lose my friends. „Wendy? Wendy! Wake up! You're daydreaming again." I lifted my head up as Cleo spoke to me. „She was staring into the dark abyss of nothing again." said Connor who sat beside Mira and Rhy. „I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep well last night. Had a lot on my mind.", „Is it about your parents again? I swear if they hurt you, then I will personally throw them into prison!" complained Mira. I chuckled a little. They care so much about me. „No, not this time. It's just...I feel lonely. I mean relationship-like. Most of you already were in relationship and are even now. But I haven't even found someone, that would want to be together with me." I know it's silly. And usually I don't think about it, but this thought of last night, having a soulmate, it kinda got stuck to me. My friends just looked at me quietly. Then Rhy said: „Don't worry about it Wendy. You will get someone, that loves you. I mean we all love you too so there has to be someone.", „And when there isn't someone you can still go with the 2D boys. I'm with the 2D girls and I have to say, they're not half bad." joked Derek. „Na, I think I would rather have a real guy." said I. „Derek, I don't think you should talk in a conversation like this. You're not really an expert.", „Oh, and you are? The last girl you had Connor couldn't even handle your craziness for a week.", „Could you both shut up, it's not about you right now." Mira can get really loud if she wants to. She hates it, when people joke around in a serious conversation. That's just how she is. They continued on talking who is worse in getting a girlfriend and Mira tried to stop them, but they just got louder. They got so loud, the people around us started looking and then one girl even asked if everything is alright with us. „I'm sorry for their behavior but don't worry, that's pretty normal.", apologized Rhy. The girl smiled and went her way again.

The rest of the day we ate ice cream and got shopping. Cleo helped a guy to find a way and Connor and Mira made a little kid cry. After that we all went home going separate ways. Now I'm standing right in front of my home. I don't want to go in. I don't want them to ruin my day. But I have to.

With a trembling hand I slowly open the door and see as both, Mum and Dad, stopped in the middle of an argument to look over to the door. There it is. This awkward silence. But of course my Mum starts with the usual line: „And where have you been, young lady?!", „Hanging out with friends.", „Again?! I told you to stop hanging out with those rats!", „They are not RATS! They are my FRIENDS!" „Wendy, stop talking to your Mother in that tone!", „Shut up! You both did it again, you ruined my day! Can't you see that it's not my friends who ruin me, but YOU?! YOU TWO KEEP FIGHTING NON-STOP, NOT CARING ABOUT WHERE I AM OR WHAT I DO!! AND THEN WHEN I'M HERE, THE ONLY THING YOU DO IS HURT ME!! YOU TWO DID IT!! NOT THEM!!" The sound of a slapping hand, stopped my shouting. „YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO US LIKE THAT! WE DID SO MUCH FOR YOU! YOU CAN BE THANKFUL THAT WE DIDN'T ABANDON YOU AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO US! NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM!!", the words of my father and the pain that spread on my right cheek, let tears fall down like waterfalls. I couldn't look into their eyes. Because all I would see are the eyes of two strangers, who I never got to know. I ran to my room, slamming the door behind me. My whole body was trembling. And finally, my legs became weak and I fell on my knees. It wasn't the pain of my cheek that made me cry. It was his words. His words were what gave me heartache. What made me cry my heart out. And in all this crying and in all this pain, I screamed. I screamed my chest out till my voice would break and my throat would burn. I screamed in this dark nightmare, that I couldn't escape. But nobody came. Nobody heard my call for help. So I just sat there. On the ground of emptiness and sorrow. Do you see now, why I hate them? Do you see why I hate humanity? If I wouldn't have had my friends, I don't think I would be alive anymore. I wish they would die. I wish everybody who hurts me would die! I want them to suffer and regret what they had done! But who am I to say that? Right...I'm a nobody. And I will always be a nobody. Stop crying, stupid crybaby. It was your fault afterall. If you would've just shut your mouth, you wouldn't sit here. Why can't I just be quiet?! Why do I have to be so fucking stupid?! Why?! .... Because...I'm...alone...