Difficult Situations

I got home late, while everybody was sleeping already. I sneaked into the bedroom, looked if Alduin was alright and after checking I went to bed. On the next day Cleo asked me so many questions: "Why were you home so late? What did you do with Ian? Did Spencer like him? Did you two have a good time together? ~" "First of all, let me wake up.", "Oh yeah, sorry.", "It's fine. I did have a good day, yesterday. Spencer liked him a lot and I only got home late because I still talked with Ian a little afterwards. And no, it was not a date.", "Are you sure? Normally when a boy and a girl are alone together they-", "OK, I'm going down for breakfast now.", I went as quick as I could and sat down on the dining table. Cleo's mum and brother were already awake, but Cleo's brother looked more like a zombie rather than alive. "Good morning, Wendy. Did you sleep well? I heard you coming home pretty late?", Cleo's mom is a nice lady. And she's also kinda creepy. But not in a bad way. It's just, that she knows a lot of things, that you wouldn't expect her to know. "You heard me coming home?", "Yeah, I was still awake reading a book. And you were not really quiet when you went upstairs.", "Oh, sorry. But I really tried.", she gave me a grin from the side and asked:" Coffee?" I replied with a yes. It was Sunday, so I got nothing to do. I only looked after Alduin, who got stronger with every day and then watched a movie with Cleo and her brother. After a while Cleo's brother went to the kitchen to get his oh so beloved Skittles. "Wh- WHO ATE MY SKITTLES?!", He looked my way, while I tried to hide my face. I had a hard time not to laugh. He immediately knew what was going on and growled: "Wendy. Did you eat THEM?" I pulled myself together, looked at him with a smirk and said: "I said you were going to pay ~", You could see his face turning read. But before he could say something his mom came in and meant: "Don't be so mad. She told you, she would show no mercy, but you didn't listen. Now suck it up and help me with the laundry.", "But-", With one fierce look she could shut him up. He grumbled something afterwards and then went to get the laundry. I like her.

Monday was...something else. When I got to school there were police officers there and everybody was in turmoil. I was a little confused, but that was the least important thing. As I was going into class, Carol crossed my way. Great. But she didn't have the usual rich bitch look. More like pissed pinkie pie. "You. I know it's your fault. You did something to him and I will proof it! I won't let you get away with it!", "Sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about?", "KARL!! YOU KILLED KARL!! You and your stupid Ken-doll boyfriend." So this is what's going. Ian was already in class and of course heard everything. As soon as he heard her shouting at me, he got up and went towards us. I gave him a sign to wait and said calmy: "Listen. I didn't do anything. I'm just as shocked as you are, Carol. And I understand, that you accuse me. Yes, I hated him a lot. But I would never go as far as kidnapping him, yet alone killing him. And please don't bring my friend into this. If you want to be mad at me, ok be mad. But you got no evidence and you know for a fact, that me and Ian went home sooner than you and your friends did. You are a suspect here as well, so don't think you can just blame me." I guess it surprised her more, that I stayed calm than what I said. Since I left my old home, I was able to calm down from all the stress and pain. And being with my friends helped me concentrate on something else. But to be honest I was just as surprised as she was. Carol didn't know what to say afterwards and left the classroom while eyeing me. I don't know how, but I shut her up. Ian came nearer now and asked: "Everything ok?", "Actually, yes. That was pretty cool of me.", "Good. But we have a problem. Police officers are here to ask everyone who was at the party about Karl.", he whispered now. "What if they find out? I don't want to go to jail.", "You won't. I won't let that happen. When they ask you, just stay calm. And like I said before, we left the party sooner, because I was drunk. No one was there when Karl went to smoke outside and no one saw him leave with you. You're definitely safe, so don't worry and be calm.", "Ok, I got this. Just be calm.", "Exactly.", The day went normal, just that a student left the classroom for an interview and came back after a few minutes and then the next one left. I was a little nervous, but didn't let it show. Whatever I do, I will not let them know about Ian. In the 3rd lesson it was my time to leave. I went out the classroom and saw a police officer, who guided me to another room. Normally it was our science room, but for the interview they changed it up a little. I sat down and looked at the police officer in front of me. God, I'm nervous. They all look like they are ready to punch me with these sticks they have. They were four. One blond girl, young and pretty. Seemed like she was a newbie. A fat one, who was sitting beside the blondie and who was a little older than her. They were on my left. And on the right was an Asian, who looked kinda sexy. You could see his six pack through the shirt. And then there was the guy in front of me. Looks like he's in his 40's, grey hair and a huge scar on his left. It went from the ear down to his shoulder. Also, a little scar on his neck was pretty visible. I guess that's the captain of the group. With a somewhat strict, but also calm tone he greeted me and said: "My name is Captain Stark, but call Owen. You don't have to be nervous, we are just asking you a few questions and then you can leave. Your name is Wendy Brooks, right?", "Yes, that's right.", "Ok. I guess you already know what's going on, so I will come straight to the point. The party started at 5:30 pm. When did you come and did you come alone?", "I came at 6:22 pm I guess and I came with a friend of mine, Ian. He picked me up.", "Alright. How long did you stay at the party?", "I don't know. I can't remember it, because I had a drinking challenge with another classmate and was too drunk afterwards.", "You were drinking?", "Yes, Karl and his friends brought alcohol to the party. They filled it inside plastic bottles, so it would look like normal water.", "You do know it is illegal to drink under 21, right?", "Of course I know.", "And you know we have to call your parents for that and they have to pay?", "Yes, I know.", "You don't seem to be worried.", "I'm not. I wanted this, because I hate my parents and they deserve it. They said I was their biggest mistake, so I act like it." I could hear the blondie whispering under her breath: "Damn." Owen continued without reacting: "Alright. Anyways, you and Karl didn't have the best relationship as I heard. You two were fighting often and because of that you two had a lot of detention.", "I hated Karl with every bone in my body. He and his friends bullied me a lot. I wanted to show them, that I'm not something to play with, so I fought back. But I wasn't the only one they bothered. This asshole bullied half of the school, because he had nothing better to do with his life.", "Ok. Did you ever think about going too far?", "What? No. I mean, yes there were some times where I thought he should just die, but I never would go this far on killing him. I can't see blood. Makes me unconscious.", "Do you know if there were other people, who could have done something?", "Not that I know of. At least not somebody from my class.", "Alright, thank you for telling us. That would be all. We will call you, if we need more information and we will inform your parents of you drinking.", "Please do.", After that I went to class again. Was pretty easy.

As Wendy came back, my heart started beating faster. Now it was my time. I went outside to the science room, a policeman guiding me forward. I sat down and waited for the man in front of me to say something. He looked strangely familiar. "You are Ian?", he asked. I stuttered a little: "Ye-yes.", "What about your last name?", "I'm an Orphan. So I don't have a last name.", "Ok. My name is Captain Owen Stark. But just call me Owen. I flinched my head. What was that? Why do I feel so weird? Owen Stark.... Did I hear this name before? I don't know... Why do I feel like I know him? Stark asked me some questions about the party and I answered calmly. "You are new to this school and it says you were in an Orphanage before. How long have you been in this Orphanage and why did no one want to adopt you?" I flinched a little again. What's happening with me? Why does my body react so weird? I cleared my throat: "I uhm- I have been there since I was six, I guess. My real mom died, so did my dad. But I have no memory of how. To the question of why nobody wanted to adopt me... Well, they said I was weird and in general nobody really liked me for unknown reasons. I was a loner.", "Do you know someone called Isabella Davis?" Suddenly everything went black.
"How do you know that name?", "Isabella Davis died at the age of 29, had a son named Ian Davis. She was shot by a man named-", "DON'T. Say that name. I know the story.", "You said you didn't know...", "Well, how would you feel talking about the death of a person you loved?", "So you know her. You are Ian Davis, am I right?", "What do you think?", "I know you. I was a normal police officer back then... Horrible scene. When I came there you were lying at her dead body, crying. I took you away and tried to calm you down.", "I know...But that's not what this interview is about. So please, continue. And never mention this ever again, ok?", "..."
When I woke up, I was sitting in class, next to Wendy, again. Shit, what did you do Gedeon..?

I looked over to Ian. Luckily nobody noticed, that Gedeon was out. A little worried I asked: "Everything ok?", "What did he do?", "I don't know...You just came back like this. I wanted to ask him, but he didn't respond. Do you might know what happened?", "No, I-", Ian stopped in the middle of the sentence. His eyes widened as if he just heard something terrible. I got even more worried now. "Ian? What's up?", "...I- I can't tell you now. But, don't worry, it's not something you should be worried about.", In one moment his whole expression changed from scared to happy. Something was definitely off... Fuck.