Too Dangerous without you

The next day we went, as planned, to the asylum. Cleo wanted to come too, since she wanted to talk with Spencer again, but I had to tell her, that I introduced Ian to him and it would be better if only we two went. "Ooohh, I understand. You want to have some alone time together~ Well if that's the reason.", "IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!!", I yelled at her with a red face. She just gave me a cheeky grin and went downstairs to her brother. After I changed, I went down as well, just to see Cleo and her brother snickering to each other. She definitely told him. Half-blushing I left them alone, without saying anything. Before I could close the door I just heard: "Ian and Wendy sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.", "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TWO, OR I WILL-", Will what? Tell your boyfriend~", interrupted me Cleo's brother. Cleo, who sat behind him on the couch, tried her best to hold a laugh back. I looked at Cleo's brother with a death stare. "When I'm back, I will show no mercy.", I warned him. He didn't take me seriously, but that's exactly what I wanted. He has no idea, what I will do. I left the house and went to the bus stop.

Arrived at the asylum, I met up with Ian in front of it. Ian looked up to the huge building, with big eyes. "This is huuuge! How many people are in there?", "A lot. But everybody is nice, so you don't need to be scared.", "I'm not scared at all. I think this is really exciting!", said Flowerboy. Normally, people who go into asylums are not very comfortable, because in most movies' asylums are shown as creepy and crazy. But asylums aren't like that at all. True, there are some people who have really bad mental health and act weird sometimes. But the doctors don't torture their patients, they just try to help. They take care of the ones who have a hard time adjusting to a normal life. Ian didn't seem uncomfortable at all. I think he's rather thankful, for the help. We went inside and Millie greeted us from behind the info stand. As she saw Ian she mentioned:" Oh, hello. You must be a friend of Miss Brooks! I'm Millie, nice to meet you." She stuck her hand out of the small hatch in front of her. Ian gave her a handshake and replied:" Hello, Millie. I'm Ian. It's also nice to meet you!" After they were finished with greeting each other, Ian and I went to Dr. Walkers' office.

I knocked on the door and Dr. Walker called us with a friendly: "Come in!" I was a little nervous, but Ian seemed pretty calm about it. While I introduced them to each other, they shook hands and we sat down. Ian and I sat on the couch, while the doctor sat on a chair in front of us. "So, Ian. It seems like you already know, what's going on.", "Yes, Wendy told me everything. And I wanted to say thank you in advance, because I know this whole thing is probably not going to be easy." The Doc nodded and continued: "I will ask you some questions, so I know your current situation. I will also answer your questions and will give you some instructions, that you can do on your own. For now, I need to know, how much you know about your condition." "Well, I only know, what Wendy told me, but I do also know that sometimes I just wake up in a random area, but have no memory of how I got there. For some reason, I also don't remember much about my past. For example, my mom. I know about her, how she was or how she looked, but I can't remember how she died...", "Do you think your mental illness has something to do about it?" Ian got quiet. He looked down on his lap and answered in a soft voice: "I hope not..." For about three hours, they talked. In this time, I was sitting next to Ian, holding his hand. I noticed, with every question that came Ian got more and more serious as well as down. I have a feeling that, this conversation was the first one, where he really opened up. He even told us things, I never knew. After his mother's death he came into an orphanage, where he had no real friends. The kids called him weird and creepy, but he never knew why. He tried to be nice and friendly, but every time he got a new friend, they would go away after a week or even a few days. He never understood why and they never told him the reason. Also, nobody wanted to adopt him, because of some "unexplainable reasons". He was alone, his whole childhood. Just like me... After turning eighteen, he left the orphanage and tried to earn money. He had a lot of jobs before and with the earned money he was able to buy a little house and go to school. He's hardworking and tries to make the best out of situations. That kind of surprised me. I thought he was only a nice guy, who seemed to have a crush on me, but I never really tried to find out more about him. About who he really is. This made me understand why he always smiles, why he always is so happy and why he talked to me in the first place. He just wanted a friend. Ian doesn't want his past to repeat.