Painful Truth

Ian sat down with me on the table, while giving me a cup of tea. It was the same as last time. I was nervous and didn't know how to start. Ian asked me: "So...What's up?" It took me a minute to bring words out of my mouth. It was like they were stuck in my throat. "Well, I uhm...You will probably not believe me, but I really need to tell you.", Ian noticed, it was hard to tell him so he lied his hand on mine and gave me a nice, comforting smile. I got calmer and then told him everything about last night. He just sat there, quiet. About half an hour later I was finished: "So, yeah. That's what I needed to tell you.", He looked at me confused and a little weirded out. "So, you say I have a mental illness called split personality disorder and I am a whole different person then and afterwards have no memories of what happened? And this other personality calls itself Gedeon, has a problem, that makes him once in a while a bloodthirsty killer and cannibal AND he knows about me and just didn't want me to know, because he doesn't want me to have trauma?", "Yup. That sums it up, pretty much." We sat there in silence for a moment, but suddenly Ian laughed so hard he almost fell of the chair. "You- hahaha- you're really funny- hahaha. I mean- hahahaha- this is the dumbest thing I heard in years! Hahahaha.", He had a hard time catching his breath from all the laughing. It didn't surprise me. The whole story did sound like it was made up. But I wasn't laughing, because it wasn't made up. It took a little for him to calm down. He wiped a tear from his eye, and looked at me. Seeing that I was still serious, he went quiet again. "So, you were serious? But I would never do such things. And if I did have this mental disorder, I would notice it somehow.", "I know it's hard to believe, but I got evidence.", Ian raised his eyebrow while I stood up and went to the freezer. I opened it up and showed him the plastic bags with the cut off flesh. I took one out and placed it on the table. I asked him: "Do you remember having this in your freezer?" He thought a little, and then denied: "That doesn't mean anything. It could also be from an animal. Or I did put it in, but just forgot.", I got a little annoyed, but remembered something else. After Gedeon was done cutting the flesh, he took the bones and threw it in the dumpster, that is placed under the sink. I opened the dumpster, got some gloves, that Ian told me where they were, and grabbed inside it. It was disgusting. It smelled like rotten flesh and there were still a few flesh parts attached on the bones. I didn't wanted to look at it. When Ian saw the bone hand, his eyes widened and you could see that he was more than shocked. He was terrified. "Is this evidence enough?", I said, holding one hand in front of my face, to not smell the flesh. He, slowly, shook his head.

Still astonished, Ian asked: "Wh-who's arm is that...?", "You remember when the teacher announced that Karl went missing.", He remembered and the more he thought about it, the more he understood. He stared at the bone arm, his eyes filled with terror and fear. His body was shivering. Then he raised his hand and stared at it. He had a quavering voice, not being able to bring some word out of it. He put his hands in front of his mouth and his eyes started tearing up. I didn't know, what he thought, but I knew that he was afraid. Of himself. I can't imagine always being happy and nice and then suddenly one day somebody tells you, you killed someone. This feeling of standing in the dark is horrific. Finally, he gave up and cried all this frustration and fear out of him. Seeing Ian cry, was also painful for me. I didn't want him to be alone with these feelings. I wanted to help. So, I went to him and gave him a hug. He clenched on to me, like a child would do to their mother, if it was scared. Still hugging, I told him calmly: "You're not alone, Ian. I will help you. And I will always be there for you, if you need me.", "But-but, what if I hurt you? What if I one day I lose control and k-", "That, won't happen. I promise, you will be fine. And I know, you would never hurt me in any way. Gedeon himself told me.", We finished hugging and Ian wiped a few tears out of his face. "He told you?", "Well, yeah. We talked. That's how I know his name and everything I told you. He's not a bad guy, just different than you. Listen, Gedeon also doesn't want to hurt me. But he wants to protect me. He didn't kill Karl because he wanted. Well, to a part he DID want to kill him, but what I mean is he also did it because he lost control of himself. He protected me. You both did. I don't know, if you know about this, but at the party Karl kinda went near me and touched me somewhere, where he's not allowed to touch me. And well, it seemed like you both were mad at him and that's why you killed him. But Gedeon also did it, because of his hunger.", "So that's why I have no memories after I went mad.", "Yeah, I think that was Gedeon taking control.", We talked till afternoon. Ian had a lot of questions about Gedeon, but of course I couldn't answer them all. I don't know what he thinks about Gedeon, but I know they're probably not gonna be friends. And I knew, he was still afraid. So was I. But I didn't let the thought, that Flowerboy would lose control and attack me get to me. No. I am not afraid of him. I'm afraid for him.