The aftermath

Before Ian could notice me, I ran back upstairs and into my bed. I couldn't sleep after what I just experienced. What was going on? Why is there another person inside Ian? What the fuck? I had too many questions. So for the rest of the night I just lied in bed and thought about everything. It was like I was talking to a whole different person. Like, he got possessed by a ghost or something. His whole personality changed and then there's the thing with the arm. God, I don't want him to go to jail. I mean, Gedeon himself said, that he can't stop himself from doing it and Ian can't even remember it. ...Personality...Wasn't there something? But what was it? Wait, Dr. Walker told me something, but I forgot what it was. I need to talk with him.

I didn't tell Ian anything about what happened. And it seems like, Gedeon was right. Ian had no Idea of what happened last night. After breakfast with everybody, we went home. I didn't talk much tho. There was too much to think of. And I couldn't stop watching Ian. His eyes were normal again and his personality was like before. I still can't believe, that Flowerboy could do something like killing. Although it wasn't fully him. After Cleo and I came back to her home, I decided to visit someone who could, hopefully, help me. Cleo didn't question me where I went, because she and the rest of the gang, except for Ian, know about Spencer and the Asylum. But today I wouldn't be here for Spencer.

As I came inside the building, I immediately went to Dr. Walkers Office, where I, luckily, found him. "Oh, hello Wendy! What brings you here today? It isn't Saturday so...", "I need your help." Surprised and a little worried he asked: "What do you need? Is everything alright?", "Can you tell me everything you know about mental illnesses?", "Mental illnesses?", "Yes. To be exact some mental illness, that has to do something with personality?", Dr. Walker was quiet for a moment and after half a minute he said:" First of all clam down. Sit down and tell me, why you need these informations." I sat down, as he said, took a breath, and told him calmly what I witnessed yesterday. Though I didn't tell him about the arm, or that Gedeon ate it. "You see, one of my friends has a problem and I think it's a mental illness. I could be wrong, but I just want to make sure. Yesterday, at night, I woke up by a loud sound from the kitchen. I went downstairs to go look and found my friend there, Ian. I tried talking with him, but the way he acted, was strange. It was like he was a whole different person. He did recognize me, but still. For me it was like I was talking to a stranger. Even his voice was lower and the way he did things. Everything was different from how I know him. Normally he would be nice and sweet and would always have this dumb smile on his face, but yesterday...he was just not the Ian I knew.", The Doc listened to me carefully, while he was in deep thoughts. After I was done, he stood up and went to the bookshelf next to the door. He took out a book, about mental illnesses and browsed through it, for a while. Three minutes later he showed me a page of the book and explained: "I think I might know what your friend has. Split personality disorder. It's when a person suddenly changes their personality into another and afterwards has no memories of what they were doing. It can be triggered through emotions, but also can come and go, whenever. If your friend really has this mental illness, I want to see him personally.", "But he doesn't know anything about his illness.", "Then you will need to tell him. The sooner he knows, the less dangerous he can get for himself and others.", I faltered for a second. "Dangerous?", "Who knows, who he is, when he's not himself. Some people are so different, that they even hurt others physically. And we both don't want that to happen." "But, what if he doesn't believe me?", "You need to prove it to him somehow, maybe ask him some questions on what he did yesterday or maybe if there were times, where he woke up in a whole different place. But he needs to know, and I need to see him." But how do I tell him, that he literally kidnapped a former classmate, killed and ate him? Yeah, no, he's not going to believe me.

I thanked Walker and went back to Cleos home. "Were you visiting Spencer?", "Yeah...", I don't usually lie to my friends, but this had to be a secret for now. I don't want Ian to get in trouble because of me. Cleo took some pictures of Alduin, who got even stronger and bigger than before. He can hop a little around now, but his wings are still too weak to fly. I lied on my bed and browsed in the internet about, split personality disorder. Then I remembered where I heard it before. In the Asylum was a young girl named Audrey. She was about ten years old and came to Doctor Walker for psychical treatment. Audrey also had this split personality disorder. She switched sometimes in the middle of a conversation to this shy personality, that doesn't talk. Normally she's a happy girl, that likes to talk with people. She wasn't dangerous, just shy. But Ian is on a whole different level. I mean how can I possibly tell him, what I saw. He's gonna think, I'm crazy. But the Doc said, the longer I wait, the more complicated it could get. I have to talk with him. I stood up and went to the bathroom, so Cleo wouldn't hear me. I called Ian. Why am I nervous? He's my friend, I wouldn't be afraid of my friend. Right? Suddenly I heard his voice: "Hello?" It took me a minute to calm myself and talk. "Hey, Ian. I wanted to thank you, for letting the party be at your place. I hope we weren't too annoying.", "Oh no, not at all. I was so happy, that you all even wanted me to be with you guys. I loved the party. It was a great idea!", "Yeah..." I got silent. I thought of how to tell him and didn't realize, we were still on call. "Wendy? Is everything ok? Are you still there?" I shook my head. "Yeah, I'm here. Sorry. Uhm...Ian?", "Yeah?", "...There's something I need to tell you. Can I come over?", "Ok? You mean like, right now?", "Only if you have time, but it's very important.", "Alright...I've got nothing to do anyways. I just hope it's nothing too bad, that you need to tell me." You've got no Idea, Flowerboy.