Blame it on the alcohol

„Fuuuu-...",With a bumping headache and the sun shining through the windows I woke up at a couch, in house that wasn't mine. At first, I didn't realize it and just hardly lifted myself up to sit. A Glass of water and a pill were standing on the little table in front of me. „Good morning, sleepyhead!", The loud voice made my headache worse. It was Ian looking through a door. „Ugh, fuck. What the hell happened last night? I feel like I got hit by a train and then crashed on a rock.", I held my head. Everything was so loud. I felt dizzy. Ian tried to talk as quiet as possible to not make my headache worse: „You kinda overdid it last night. Some boy challenged you by saying a girl could never drink more than him. I got you out of there. The aspirin and water are for your headache.", I took the pill and gulped the water down, all at once. I thanked Ian and asked: „Now why are you at my house?", „Wendy, this is my house. I chose to get you to mine because if your parents would've noticed on your clothes, that you were away, they would've killed you, I assume.", It took a moment for me to realize what he just said. Then it hit me. Ian was right. This wasn't my home. I got embarrassed: „I'm sorry, I didn't realize that.", „Aah, no worries. Would you like a breakfast? I made pancakes!", There was a sweet smell of pancakes and syrup coming out of the kitchen. I had to puke. But not because of the pancakes, no they smelled delicious, it's because after being drunk my stomach hurt so much. „That's nice, but I would rather have something to drink. And may I use your toilet?", „Of course, It's upstairs, second door to the right.", I ran right away upstairs and right on time moved over the toilet, just to throw up all the stuff I drank and ate at the party. I was embarrassed of myself. I do smoke and all, but I never drank so much to get drunk. And I decided to never get drunk again.

Ian waited downstairs in the kitchen at me. At the table was a cup of tea and in the middle stood a plate with poured over syrup pancakes. They looked and smelled delicious. I really wanted to taste them, but my stomach said something else. So I sat down at the table looking at the tea. „Is this tea for me?", I asked. Ian nodded as he sat down at the opposite site of the table and answered: „For your stomach. And it quenches the thirst. My mom always made it for me, when I was sick.", „Your mom must be nice.", „Yeah, she was great. Sadly, she passed away two years ago. "Oh, I'm sorry...", It's hard to lose someone you really care about. I know that feeling. I hesitated but asked then: „If you don't mind me asking, how did she die?" Ian quietly looked down at the table top. „I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.", „It's alright. It's just something I don't like to remember.", said Ian with a little smile. I took a sip. It tasted amazing. Usually I don't like drinking tea, but this one was so good. I noticed, that my stomach wasn't hurting anymore and I didn't have such a strong headache anymore. I can't believe how much Ian did for me. First, he was the one who got me to the party. Second, he was all the time by my side, just so I could relax. Third he took care of me when I was drunk and now, he helped me afterwards too. This boy. I still wonder why he cares so much about me. „Uhm, I wanted to thank you for getting me out of there and taking care of me. I don't think it would've ended well if I would've stayed at the party. So, thanks...", It's embarrassing not knowing what you did last night or might even said. Hopefully I didn't try to get into a fight or something. „It's no problem. Afterall, I promised to take care of you.", He takes one pancake and stuffs it in his mouth. Ian notices me watching him, understanding I would like one too but holding back. „You can take one if you want. I made them for us both. And please you don't need to be embarrassed about last night. It can happen to everyone. To be honest I was drunk once too.", muffled he between chewing the pancake. He noticed that I was embarrassed about last night? Was it that obvious? I couldn't believe, he was drinking too. „You drink?", „Of course. Tho I rather drink cocktails. I'm not really into drinking pure alcohol.", Wow. I thought he never drank before, but that he rather drinks cocktails is something I should've guessed. I still wanted to know what happened exactly after I blacked out. So I asked: „Could you tell me what happened last night? I'm kinda curious and I want to know if I shouldn't go to school on Monday.", „Let's see. After I saw that you were doing a drinking challenge, I got to you to get you home. You fought a bit back, but because of how drunk you were it didn't last long till I was dragging you to the car. You talked a little about how shitty everyone in school and at home is to you. And then you suddenly started to flirt.", My face heated up. The only thing I thought was: „Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuck!!!" Ian put his hands in front of him saying: „But it's ok, really. I mean you were under alcohol influence, so I didn't take it to heart. It was nothing and I couldn't understand you that well anyways.", We both got nervous, blushing like hell. I didn't know what to say, so we both just sat there quietly. I noticed a clock at the wall and read the time. It was six AM. The two must already be at work. Perfect time to sneak in my room again. I drank the tea till the cup was empty and stood up. „I'm gonna go now. Thanks for the tea and for helping.", „No problem! Would you like to take some pancakes with you?" asked Ian. I thought for a moment and answered: „Yeah, ok. I would like one or two." After a few minutes of packing and finding everything that I had with me, I went home. I turned one last time around to wave Ian goodbye. He waved happy back.