Flowerboy

After last night I decided to not cross paths with my parents today. So I got up early and instead on going through the door, I got through my window. Luckily there's a fire escape right under my window so I can easily sneak out. I'm still mad at them for last night. Like, why should I be thankful? I would rather be an orphan then be related with them. And my friends weren't the ones who changed me. I decided to look like this. They should be thankful, that I didn't call the police last night.

Everybody in School is kinda in turmoil. What's even happening? Anyways the teacher came in and who is that behind him? There's a tall blonde guy following Mr. Myers inside the classroom. „Alright class, listen up. As you all have already heard we have a new student. Please introduce yourself.", Mr. Myers looked at the boy beside him. The guy kinda looks like a male Barbie doll. He wears a Pastell Pink sweater and you can see the tips of a white shirt under it. „Hello everyone, my name is Ian. It's nice to meet you! I'm excited to become friends with all of you!", This boy has a bright smile. A too bright smile, I would say. I think I will need sunglasses. His dark green eyes wander around the classroom and then it happens. Our eyes meet. And instead of just looking away, he stares at me even more. Then he starts smiling at me. What does this guy want? „Thank you, Ian. I think everyone can agree, that they would like to become friends with you too. Well, let's see where you can sit. ....Oh.", The only free seat in our class is of course right beside me. Great now I gotta sit beside Flowerboy the whole next year. This can't get any worse, right? „Hi! I'm Ian! What's your name?", Did he just speak to me? That is new. Normally newbies don't talk to me or even avoid me. I didn't think he would even look in my direction. But it's the exact opposite. Instead of avoiding me, he stares right into my soul, with this stupid looking grin of his. I respond:„ I don't care what your name is. Just don't talk to me.", „But I would like to know who you are.", „No, you don't.", „Yes, I do.", This guy really wants to know my name, doesn't he. „Fine, my name's Wendy. Happy now?" He keeps looking at me. It's getting creepy. „Wendy? That is a beautiful name!", „....Thanks...", He's weird.

After three hours of sitting beside Flowerboy, who still sometimes kept looking in my direction, I got my lunch bag, went to the school yard and sat down on a bench under the old tree. This tree has seen better days. But no matter how bad the storm was or how much the wind had blown, this tree stood still. He has a lot of determination; I have to admit. I just wanted to bite into my sandwich as the Flowerboy sat down at the same bench. „Hi, Wendy!", is this guy serious? „Why are you here?" asked I. „Oh, I saw you when I went to look for a place to eat and I thought you would like some company.", „Listen Flowerboy, I came here to be alone. I don't want a stupid newbie to sit with me, so I can talk with him about God and the world.", He literally is showing that stupid grin of his again. „Flowerboy? Oh, is it because I have a pink sweater and blonde hair? That's really good! If we give each other nicknames, then I will need one for you too. Let me think.", „...What? Didn't you just hear what I said? I don't want to talk to you!", "Maybe something with Black.... or something dark.... hmmm.", He doesn't listen to me. Why? Why me? Why right now?! „Maybe Shadowgirl? No. Or maybe Gothgirl? No. Don't worry, I'll find the perfect nickname for you.", He's getting on my nerves. Whatever I need to find a place where he doesn't find me. I stand up and go my way. „Hey, where are you going?", "Somewhere, where you're not.", "Ok! See you later then!", He's annoying.

As I go to my locker, I notice the rich bitch and her snob friends cross my way, snickering and whispering, looking right at me. What have those bitches in mind again? They definitely want to annoy me again. I need to be- *BOOM* red paint splashes right into my face, all over my clothes. -careful... „Hahahah I can't believe she fell for that!", Everybody starts laughing. I know exactly who that was. KARL. Carols fucking boyfriend. He just stands there laughing at me with his fucking friends. I have enough. This little fucker will lose his jewels for that. „KARL!! YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!", I walk in his direction. „Hey, Wendy. Why so red-", I punch him right, with my foot, into his balls and smack him one in his face as he was looking up at me. „You. little. Bitch.", "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hit a soft spot there? Well, guess what assface. If you make me mad, then you better handle the fucking consequences.", „I'm gonna fucking kill you!", As he was about to hit me, I see a shadow walking between me and the asshole. It was Flowerboy. But this time he didn't have this weird grin on his face. He held Karls fist in his hands looking right at him. „Please don't hit my friend. It's not nice to hit girls. And besides, you saw it coming. So deal with it.", Was he on my side? Did he really just protect me? Ian stopped holding Karls fist and turned to me. „Are you ok? Did he hurt you? Oh dear, you look messed up. Well, we better wash this paint off of you.", What are his intentions? He creeps me out, but at the same time he's really nice. „So you have a stupid Ken doll as your bodyguard now? Pathetic.", Karl really doesn't know when to stop. Ian just says: „It's not pathetic having a friend. And if I would be her bodyguard, I wouldn't even let you look at her. So you better be careful next time you cross our way." He glares right at Karl. His eyes. Did his eyes just turn red or did I get paint in my eyes?

Ian followed me to the girls bathroom and waits for me outside. The paint won't go out of my hair. Great. I look like an Emo version of Elmo from Sesame Street. I can't believe those assholes did it. But Karl got what he deserved. Still, I wonder why Flowerboy helped me. It's like he came in this school with the mission to become my friend. Is he from the FBI? What would the FBI want from me? Is it because of my parents? No Wendy, you're just making stuff up. He could just be a new classmate, who would like to be your friend and who, for some reason, likes you so much that he protects you. It's weird. I just hope he isn't some kind of serial killer who has me as his target and before he kills me, he wants to earn my trust. God your weird, Girl.

I come out of the bathroom and see Ian leaning on the wall, waiting for me. He looks mad. But this look immediately fades away as he sees me. „Could you get it out? ", I gesture him, looking at my hair and clothes. „Oh well, I think red suits you. So it's not that Bad.", „I look like I have my period, just all over me." A laugh bursts out of Ian, while his hands hold his gut and he leans on the wall again to not fall over. His laugh is affecting, because I start to giggle a little too. Finally he could pull himself together again. His laugh is nice. So cheerful, like from a little kid. Wait. What am I thinking? „I think you should go home now. Maybe shampoo can help getting that paint out.", He points at my hair. „Yeah, I hope so. I mean I don't want to look like a red Teletubby tomorrow.", He smiles again. But this time it doesn't feel weird. More like the smile of a friend. „Well then, I'm gonna go. See you tomorrow Flowerboy. Oh, and before I forget it, ...thanks for, you know.", „No problem, friends always help each other, right?", I guess he's not that bad.