The decision

Monday was not as I expected it to be. Some people mentioned the party and the drinking challenge I did. The guy I did the challenge with came up to me and meant:„ Yoo, you were rocking it at the party! You really made a fool out of me, but that's cool. Maybe we can do this again sometime!" If it's not a drinking challenge then ok. The weird thing was, Carol was pretty quiet today. People talked about Karl the whole time. I wonder what happened. Not that I cared about that asshole, it's just...the mood is different than normal. Ian didn't seem to notice since he still acts like always. Even the teacher gives off different vibes than usual. „Ok class, please calm down. I know you're all worried about what happened to Karl, but please we don't want to panic.", What happened to Karl? Shit, does it involve me?! No, if it would people would've talked about me too. At least more than usual. „As you all might know, Karl went missing after the party at Carols. We can't assume the worst for now, since there is nothing the police had found of some murder or kidnapping.", Wait.... WHAT?! Karl is missing?! But how? This idiot is always with his friends or with Carol so how did he go missing? „What do you think happened?", I whispered to Ian. He was just sitting quietly, not listening to me. His mood changed. I've never seen that on him before, but he looks serious. His stern eyes give me the chills. Mr. Myers gave us leaflets with a picture of Karl on it and the phone number of his parents. The picture of him looks gross. Who would want to have a kid like him and then want him back after he got missing? I still kept it just in case I would see him somewhere. Like the mental hospital or a bar. Heh.

I decided to go home earlier since lying in Central Park could give me a cold from the sinking temperatures. The trees are slowly changing their colors from a light green to warmer colors like yellow, orange and red. As I was sitting in the bus, I watched the leaves dancing in the wind. My phone buzzed in my pocket and a message from
Cleo popped up, asking if we could hangout again sometime. I responded with: „I'll see when I have time."

As I opened the house door, I noticed my parents already waiting for me. At the table lied a box with holes. They looked mad. Oh boy, here we go again. My mum started: „We found something in your room. Could you explain to us why you have this THING inside your room?!" She opened the box. Inside was Alduin lying on the cold ground, making weak noises. „Alduin!", I went to reach out, but dad got in front of me: „So it has a name? Why do you have it here?", „Why would you care now let him be!", „Have you ever asked us to have a pet?!", shouted my mom. „We will not accept this behavior of yours! The bird gets out of the house!", My breath faltered. In a quiet voice I whispered: „No.", „What was that?", asked my dad. „NO. ALDUIN belongs to me! He's hurt and I take care of him! He has no one out there. He would die because of you!!", This time I didn't cry. No, there was no time for that. Instead, my eyes pierced onto their faces and they could see the rage literally coming out of me. Alduin is not just a bird or a pet. He's now my child. I take care of him as long as possible and there is no one stopping me. After a little pause dad tried to scare me with the quote: „If you really want to keep it, fine. But don't come crying to us if you can't find a new home." That's exactly what I wanted to hear. A small snickering grew to a burst of laughter, so loud, everybody in a radius of ten miles could hear it. Still half laughing I shouted: „DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I CARE ABOUT YOU TWO???? ARE YOU ALREADY THIS BLIND?! I ONLY WAITED FOR THIS!! I'M FINALLY FREE FROM THIS HELL AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! FUCK BOTH OF YOU!!! FUCK YOU FOR CONTROLLING ME MOST OF MY CHILDHOOD!! FUCK YOU FOR BREAKING MY HEART!! AND FUCK MYSELF FOR BELIEVING YOU COULD LOVE ME!!!" I grabbed the box, ran into my room and packed my stuff. This is it. My years of suffering under their influence is over! And I know where to go. Don't you worry, I will never come to this house or this family again!