Chapter 1 [Here comes the bride]

1 Corinthians 16:14
"Let all that you do be done in love."

Maleek
——————-

Word Count: 3241

"I do." Right now i have a smile bigger than its ever been before, I cannot remember the last time i have ever felt happiness like this but i just cant help but allow it to seep through my bones. This was the first ever Garden of Eden wedding and the scenery is gorgeous right now, we are under a high and tall white and pink lily arch surrounded by the sweet sounds of nature and filled in the presence of Yahweh.. There are guests all around, wiping their tears while sitting on their seats in their nature assigned outfits.

Then there she is... She is gorgeous, her hair is a intoxicating vibrant red and her makeup is flawless, she has the pouffiest white dress with a lacy top and a wide layered bottom, a tear almost dropped from my eye as i saw the scene in front of me, Joy is just blasting from each side of me. "And do you Joel Williams Take Stephanie Campbell to be your lawfully wedded wife?" I can see my brother's eyes welled up with tears as he see's the future with this woman he loves ahead of him. I cant help but feel a little Jealous right now, i am 30 now and i am still childless and wife-less.. but the only thing i can focus on is how happy and fulfilled Joel is finally going to be. Secretly i always knew he would get married first and by Gods Grace he is.

I grabbed the hanker chief from my pocket and tap his shoulder with it twice, he turned around and took it from me while mouthing Thank you, Stephanie then took the hanker chief from his hand and used it to wipe his face for him.

"I do. I most definitely do." He assures and those words ring through the whole room.

"Well with the power invested in me by Temple of Grace Church and by the Power of the Almighty God i now pronounce you husband and wife, Joel, You may Finally kiss your bride" pastor troy exclaims while holding the hands of both and putting them together. I stand in the line of groomsmen proudly as the man of honour watching and i shake Joel's shoulders hyping him up as he finally gets to embrace his now wife.

Its been three years that they have been together, Joel proposed to Stephanie a year ago and when his work became overwhelming he had to hold back the wedding, but he finally made it and i couldn't be more proud. They only fell into sexual temptation two more times within the past few years and i know how much it took from him to have self control but now he can finally give in without the guilt.

He leans into her and they both share an intimate and loving kiss that lasts way longer than it should have. They then hold hands and prance down the isle ready to start their new lives together, my bliss leaves and my envy comes in. God give me strength.

*

"How are you feeling, i know this must be hard-" I cut him off by raising my hand with a smile on my face,

"This is your day Joel, we not gon' let it be ruined by any of my childish emotions, lets just allow this to be about you and Stephanie for now alright?"

He gives me a pitiful look and then nods and takes his seat at the long stretched dining table lined with Tall candles and freshly grown and picked red roses in the reception, As he and his wife sit down on the two throne like chairs at the head of the table, They spend almost twenty minutes kissing and rubbing noses, leaving Joels Nose colored in her light powder makeup.

He picks up a piece of cake and teases to feed her before he wipes it on her nose. She does the same but feeds him this time. How in Gods great and wide earth can i not be jealous of this right now, I love the whole waiting on God's timing thing but im starting to wonder if the big man has forgotten about me. The scariest thing is getting older and feeling like you still haven't made any progress in life.