Chapter 8 [Barbie goes to church!]

A/N: really strong message being portrayed in this chapter

Romans 14:13

let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

Maleek
———————
Word Count: 2455

"Our God is an awesome God, he reigns.." The congregation all bursts out in singing and dancing, the drums are playing along with the piano and the tambourine, it reminds me of the verse in Psalm 150 1 "Praise God in his sanctuary .....Praise him with trumpet sound, praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance."

A few of the older ladies hold my hands when they see me stuck in the chair worried about ace and Aaliyah.. They bring me to the front of the church and dance with me there, they hype me up and a few of the younger girls are pushed to dance in the front with me, actually since none of the church members really knew about aaliyah, they have tried to force their daughters into dating me and i have to admit by the way some of these girls look at me and talk to me i dont think they are opposed to the whole idea and they are all stunning and women of God.. but they just aren't Aaliyah.

The younger women grab my hands and hold onto my arms and body and dance with me.. This wholesome moment does put a smile on my face. A smile that was much needed. They all celebrate when they finally see me grin and i thank God for settling me in this church, these people are more than just friends to me, they are family....

"Take the shackles off my feet so i can dance... i just want to praise him, i just want to praise him!" They all sing in harmony. I look back at the seat i was at and see ace's cheeks being pinched as he sits around the other children who are dancing and singing as well. I notice the only time he is ever really happy or should i say not sad is when he is in the church around his little friends... When he was with mom he couldn't really come to church but i know he loves it here. When the church is finally finished singing the sound of A familiar voice bursts through the church door.

"Im here! Lets party everyone!" She yells with her arms up high in the air. The room goes mute and My jaw drops to the ground in embarrassment when i see barbie with a massive smile on her face as she bounces over to the congregation. She has on her usual tight Hot pink shirt which by the way is extremely low cut, revealing her chest. She is wearing a short blue pencil skirt that shows off her curves and her skirt is ridiculously short with paired with tall bubble gum pink heels. Her Bleach blonde hair is in a high ponytail and is curly.

I look around to see if anyone else is as offended as i am. I can feel my jaw clench in anger, whats wrong with her, coming to church dressed like a.. like a... like she's going to the club or something. I invited her to church because i thought she would decline it and i would finally get some space from her, but surprisingly she said yes..

I grunt and shake the women off of my arm to grab her. I am surprised when i see the congregation walk up to her and take her by the arm. I am expecting the crap to really hit the fan now, i am startled when i see the head women in the choir yell at the musicians

"You heard the girl! Lets sing some more songs for God!"

the whole congregation began to burst into song again as they pulled barbie to the front where they were all dancing and hyped her up to dance as well. Am i the only sane person in this church right now? They didnt even care that she had her breasts exposed or her curves were showing. Even Pastor troy and the kids came over to her and joined in her dancing. Barbie didnt even know the lyrics but she looked like she was having the time of her life as she bounced and pranced around the front to Looking for you by kirk franklin.