Chapter 12 [Love at second Sight]

1 Corinthians 16:14
Let all that you do be done in love

Aaliyah
—————————
Word Count: 4085

"My favorite memory of my father was when he would take me on his live boxing events and i would get to meet all of the major fighters back stage.." The whole table which was me, my mother, my father, Omari and my sister's empty seat watched on as she is standing up at the mic in front of the large crowds of people all sitting Down at their round table, sipping on their drinks and eating their fancy meals, and who can forget the most obvious person in the room, Maleek. His presence fills the whole room to the point where i can't breath. I feel myself starting to sweat a little and use the little tissue in my purse to dab my face.

I still cant even believe that he is here... I force my eyes to stay stuck to my sister's face which isnt that easy to do... especially since we haven't been on the same terms, I still pray for her all the time, she probably doesn't care but i still do it anyways.

I stupidly decide to turn my eyes to maleeks face for a second i want to see if he is going through the same feelings that i am...

Crap!

His eyes are burning holes at me as he asses me up and down in his seat while sipping on a glass of water.  I whip my head back to Destiny as she rambles on about her best memory's with dad. My face grows hot with embarrassment as i sensed that he was still staring at me. my foot began to tap with all of my nerves bubbling up inside me. I want to run out of this room so quickly but im supposed to be up next on the mic.

The people around me are all engaged in destiny's speech but im stuck in my own little world. I feel a foot push mine a little bit and my head flicks around the table at peoples faces, i look at my mothers face and she looks like she is about to cry from the speech, My father is the exact same, omari is stuffing his face with all types of food, maleek is looking at destiny on the stage too but he has a cheeky smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes and try so hard not to pay him any attention. I move my foot further under my chair and it doesn't help because his long legs gently taps against mine again, I shake my head and force myself not to smile, this time his face looks nonchalant and he squints his lips and raises his eyebrows like he didn't do anything, still looking at destiny on stage.

I move my foot way under my chair one more time without his body shifting at all he taps my leg with his foot, this time i lock his foot with my legs and he chuckles deeply before easily getting his leg out. I decide to give him a taste of his own medicine and i kick his leg back, this time a little hard to get his to take the message.

"Ow!" My dad shouts, causing the whole room to look in our direction. My eyes burst wide open and i slap a hand over my mouth. Maleek's cheeks fill with air and he looks like he is trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

Omari looks at me while chewing hard on the food with an open mouth, his eyebrow raises in confusion when he hears maleek laugh and see's my undeniable grin.

"What's going on here?" He whispers in my ear.

"Nothing, just go back to eating your 10 plates of food." I whisper back He snickers and lifts the fork in the air a bit before shoving another mouthful in his mouth.

My father is looking at me with his 'what do you see in him' eyes. He has always been one that takes more to responsible guys and guys that are stable and business men, i guess thats why he loves maleek so much.

"Nervous yet?" Omari whispers to me yet again, I kind of am. I dont even like giving presentations for meetings, now i have to give a speech in front of what looks like 200 people?