Chapter 11 [ We meet yet again...]

Proverbs 4:23
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flows the springs of life

Aaliyah
————————
Word Count: 2831

What the heck! Maleek is coming to the retirement dinner? I'm panicking, I'm hyperventilating, something like this should be announced at least 5 months in advance so i can mentally prepare my mind and physically prepare my body, i could have spent so long getting my revenge body done.

I start pacing around my room, with my nerves bubbling up in my body. I can barely stay still. Wait, what if he brings a date? and i show up alone, like an idiot, he will think I'm not over him, even though i am not i don't want him to know that.

I look at my phone on the bathroom counter, and i roll  my eyes when i pick it up and stupidly look at a familiar name on my phone and almost click on the call button but i wimp out of it, i throw it down on the counter and look at the mirror straight ahead of me. What am i supposed to do? How am i supposed to focus when someone i thought i was over, someone i still have some hate for, someone i still have even more love for is in the same room a me.

I stupidly pick my phone up again and hold it tight in my hand's grip while pacing back and forth in the bathroom again, the water is running and the sound of the drips of water soothe me. I jump under the water and take a long cleansing shower, it gives me some time to cleanse my mind. I walk to my wardrobe and pick out the outfit im going to wear for this all black outfit dinner. Its a long silk black  dress with a slit the leg that reveals enough of my long legs. It  has an appropriate sweetheart neckline and long sleeves.

Simple yet elegant. I paired it with some black heels and did my hair in a high blonde wavy bun with 2 pieces of wavy hair falling on my face, I did my makeup simple but not too natural. Im still trying to be modest.. When i was done getting ready dad had called for a car to get me down to the venue.

He decided to have it in Atlanta because he didn't want to cause me any stress with traveling and things, I'm so grateful because i don't have to go back to new york and deal with the constant reminders of why i left.

I am walking down to the car and i stop in my tracks when i when i realise what i have to do, I pick up my phone and begin to dial..

"Hello? Yeah.. i kind of need you."

*

"Now remember, when we get in there dont touch anything, dont talk to nobody and dont be up on me when my father is close matter of fact, when he is around just make sure you aren't oh and-"

"I got the memo, mom. Stay far away, keep my hands and eyes to myself and behave, anything else?" Omari says with a giant smile as we pull up to the venue which is now packed to the brim with so many people, there is a crowd of people outside the massive building and the worldly music deafens me as it plays so loudly from inside.

"Just one last thing." I force his head away from the mirror where it was glued as he fixed his curly hair, to look at mine.

"Manners. At all times." I demanded. He chuckled and turned away from me.

"Im serious omari, my dad is super strict about respect, he may be retiring from being a boxer but remember he retired undefeated... he has no problem knocking the respect into you." I heard Omari gulp down all his nerves, if that scared him he wont last a second in here! What was i thinking bringing him here...

"Why are you so nervous aaliyah? isnt this just your dad, it will be fun, just let loose" He said before flashing me a wide cocky smile.

"Let loose?! What does that mean?... Omari!" I yelled while watching him hop out of the car on his side walking towards the building... maleek would have scolded me if he saw me opening this door myself..