Chapter 23 [In our Last Days...]

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds

Aaliyah
——————
Word Count: 5146

Im behind the counter trying to figure out how in the world i am going to make this turn around for my company. I need to do something and quick. My head is bursting trying to think of a new fresh idea to make my company stay afloat.

In the past few days i have lost even more of a profit now my company has passed the line of almost being in danger to the point where i am now just trying to stay afloat. I rest my head in my hands and my leg almost runs away from my body with how much its tapping.

Its night time now and its dark and quiet outside, The cafe closed about an hour ago but i thought i would stay back, I'm getting good at being the first one here and the last one when the shop is closing.

"Am i alright to leave now Ms Johnson?" Junie asks as she waits for me to confirm but i cant even look up from the bible of files spread out in front of me as i try brainstorm a million different ways that i can save my company. This cafe is the only thing keeping junie off of the streets, how can i let her go? Ive already had to fire 25 staff members at the Johnson brand to keep finances somewhat safe.

I lift up my hand and wave her out from the building. I am biting down hard on the end of my pen with nerves as i try not to lose my mind. I didnt even need to call my father and tell him everything that was happening with me for him to know, all he had to do was to go online and see the headlines on the main blog pages

"The Johnson brand company goes under."

"looks Chris Johnsons company is retiring as well as him."

"The Johnson brand fails under control of Aaliyah Johnson.."

It was horrible hearing him yell at me and scold me but the worse part is he wouldn't even give me some money to keep the company afloat, All my savings were spent making this cafe and ive already invested the rest of it in the church that is being built. I literally only have the money for my home payments and food. What the heck am i going to do?!

I am trying to do everything i can not to cry as i watch everything crash and burn in front of my eyes. the building is completely empty and the lights are off except for the one above my head at the cash register that acts like a spotlight towards me. There is a whisper of the slow jam christian music that was playing before and the sound of the insects that creep around at night.

The owls are making their own music outside the building that seeps into the room. I cant rip my eyes off of these forms for a second, if i don't think of a plan to get this money in the next day i could lose everything ive worked so hard for. The only real option left for me is to close down the cafe.. but i.. i just cant bring myself to do that. I have christians and non believers coming up to me all the time and thanking me for making a safe space for them to connect, they feel like they can be one in this environment, how can i take that away from them?

God... i really need you to help me right now. This cant be in your plan right? I throw my head back in frustration then take one more look around the dark closed cafe i created. I admire its cream and pastel tinted walls with big black calligraphic bible verses pasted around the room, the pictures on the walls framed of the customers enjoying the cafe.. the small round tables and neon booths with cute plain baby pink chairs spread around the room, the atmosphere of the room is just perfect. I cant let this go.. this was mine, for the first time i had something that was mine.