Chapter 28 [The House Of The Lord]

Psalms 122:1
I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord!"

Aaliyah
————————
Word Count: 5133

I put on a simple pastel pink long sleeve shirt and a pair of blue jeans and a with some simple quartz pink, white and black Jordans and tied my locs up into a bun and wore a scarf on my hair to tie it all together. I got ace's clothes put out before we both went downstairs and waited for our uber.

"Are you excited?" I asked him, while taking a seat on the couch.

"Meh.. i guess to see my friends but thats it."

"Dont forget why you are actually there ace.. for God." He purses his lips and nods at me while continuing to stare outside the window with his backpack on waiting for the uber.

This is ridiculous, maleek should be here. He should be the one who is picking me and ace up, i thought he promised to take care of me?... no. No.. i cant hold malice like this, especially not towards my own man. I just wish he was here for me more..

"Is it almost here?" I ask him while rooting through my bag to make space for my massive she reads truth bible.

"Is what almost here.." I hear a voice behind me say and i mutter under my breath when i see it's none other than Kenny Davis.

He is dressed in a plain black shirt with some grey loose bottoms and a pair of slippers while he carries a sleepy Atarah on his side.

"Um.. nothing." I spit out while following it with a nervous chuckle.

"Me, Maleek and Aaliyah are going to church!" Ace blurts out and goes mute when he looks back and see's who it is that he was talking to.

"Church eh? that sounds great, do you mind if we tag along, i guess its the least i can do since i am a new Christian.." He says with a wide smile while bouncing atarah on his hip, waking her up.

"i couldn't possibly allow you to suffer yourself to have to get ready.. besides the uber is on its way already." I say making up any excuse i can to try make him not come with us. It would not be worth it for maleek and kenny to end up fighting in church! it best to keep them away from each other.

"oh, nonsense! We are quick dressers we will be ready in no time isnt that right atarah?" He says while looking at atarah as she nods her head and rubs her eyes.

"That's really not necessary, kenny." His smile fades and triggers guilt in me. I shouldn't be doing this right now... God welcomes all into his house, i can't represent him the wrong way.

"Oh... okay then, well thank you for considering it anyways.." He says in a disappointed voice before dragging himself back upstairs, i feel so bad! He and his children have been cooped up in that guest room for days, not having any freedom to even leave the room, his tone made me feel guilty but it was the thought in his next sentence that made me break.

"Can you promise me one thing?" His sad voice said.

"Whats that.."

"Just tell maleek im sorry for everything and make sure he isn't causing himself stress in his happy place.. i know how much he loves church." He says before walking back up the stairs..

my gut punched me until i gave in...

"kenny!" I yelled and he whipped his body around.

"Yes?"

"Please be quick getting dressed..." I force myself to say, knowing I'm going to regret this, maleek and Kenny can't even be in the same room for 20 minutes without glass being shattered and world war 3 happening, i don't know what is going to happen at church...