Chapter 45 [ Proverbs 18:22.. ]

Songs of Solomon 8:7

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.

Maleek
------------------------

Word Count: 5324

A night before:

Last night was great but tonight.. i plan to make the icing on the cake. I know how long it took for us to get to this point, part of me is just trying not to mess it all up the way that i always find a way to.

I look into the bedroom and see the face of Aaliyah being lit by the dim light as she nods off with her head smashed into the pillow and her body in a starfish shape underneath the duvet..

I tried to keep my chuckles inside so i dont wake her up, the best thing to do is just to step away before i burst into laughter.

I close the door gently before stepping away from it and going back into the resting area... A relieved sigh leaves my lips as i plonk my heavy body onto the couch, I hunch over my knees with my hands pressed hard on them as i breath in and out over and over, counting my own breaths.

I cant believe everything that has happened over the past few days.. I never knew we could not only make it to a good place but make it to an ever better place than we ever have been before. I love this woman.. with every bone in my body i love her. I love her so much it hurts..

it hurts when i have to go away from her when she is in the bedroom, it hurts when i have to shut the door when she is falling asleep. I want to be there for it all, i want to be there for every moment with her. I want her so bad.. but me being a man of God.. i know that God's purpose for my life trumps my lustful desires every time.

Especially since i just realised my purpose is in the ministry.. being the leader of a ministry that is. Damn, how did this even happen?

I know me and Aaliyah are going to have to make so many adjustments to our relationship because of my position in Gods house but thats all that matters to me, more than her, more than my son, more than pastor troy even more than myself.. GOD. he is worth all of my attention and time and i plan to always give it to him.

My head throws back as i lean into the couch and put a hand on my head while rubbing my temples.. How in the world am i meant to sleep now?

I stand up and go into the kitchen, i turn on one of the dim orange lights that shines onto the kitchen counter alone before i go to the cupboard and grab a mug. I pour a tea bag into the cup and heat up a kettle with hot water.

I am trying to do all i can not to let the devil cloud my mind with any type of evil thoughts or doubt about my ability to take over.. but am i ready? am i ready to take over such a strong position? people will be looking up to me and putting me on a pedestal for things am i ready for that?

I look down and notice my leg that starts to shake on the floor relentlessly with stress.. I hate being in my head like this but with all that's been going on how could i not be? The last time i called joel he told me there was no difference with pastor troy.

He is stable but still not out of his coma yet, im just happy he isn't getting worse off. when i talked to kenny he let me know all of the kids were fine..