chapter nineteen - our first

As we gorge on our pizzas, we watch episode three of Star Wars. It's honestly amazing how comfortable I feel around him. I can eat without shame, I can be close to him without over-thinking, I can truly relax and be myself. Usually it takes me months to trust someone like this, sometimes even years, and here I am now, just thirteen days of truly knowing him. Thirteen wonderful days. Who ever said thirteen was unlucky? I'm feeling pretty damn lucky right now.

"Okay, okay, so what did you think?" He asks eagerly when the film ends and I smile a little, nodding.

"I actually liked it, yeah. It w-was really interesting to s-see the development into Darth Vader. Like, what d-drove him to it." With a chuckle, he nods.

"Yeah, see, it's cool! The next three are the best though." He tells me, playing episode four.

"Hmm, because of Princess Leia? I heard all the g-guys swoon over a scene w-where she's half nnnaked." I tease and he laughs, throwing a hand over his pec.

"Well, I mean, that scene was low-key soft porn for the nerdy young boys." I can't help but laugh hard, shaking my head. He grins, pulling me closer. He moves my legs onto his lap. "Although my childhood crush was Sandra Bullock."

"Oh, god. I definitely can't compete. That w-woman is gorgeous." He grins wider.

"She is, but she's not you." He whispers, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear. Oh my. Blushing deeply, I accidentally snort a little, glancing away. He chuckles and shakes his head. "If only you could see yourself the way I see you."

"Let's... w-watch the movie." He smiles and rolls his eyes, pecking my cheek.

"Alright. I'll give it a rest. For now."

A few hours later, we finish watching episode four and five. Just before Evans puts on episode six, I sit up and shuffle forward. "Hey, is it okay if I p-pop for a shower, f-freshen up a bit?" He glances at me and smiles.

"Aw, okay. Sure. Towels will be in the cupboard in the bathroom."

"Cool, thank you." He nods and I stand up, walking over to the kitchen to grab my backpack.

"Don't be long!" He calls playfully, as I head to the bathroom. I let out a laugh. Oh I'm not planning on it, Evans.

After shutting the door, I take my shower gel and razor out of my backpack and turn on the shower, before I quickly strip down.

I scrub down every part of my body and rinse off, before turning the shower off and hopping out. I grab a towel from the cupboard and start to dry myself, double checking my shaving job. I've never really been a good shaver. I always miss parts and end up doing it wrong. Once I'm dry, I pull my pjs out of my backpack; a baggy t-shirt and the silky dinosaur shorts. I put my bra back on, but this time, I don't wear any underwear, instead just slipping the shorts on. Then I slip the t-shirt on and spray some perfume over me. Okay, here I go. On my way back to the living room, I drop my bag off in his bedroom.

I can't help but feel a little nervous as I make my way back, but it's an excited nervous. Evans is still on the sofa, scrolling on his phone with a bowl of sweets in his lap.

"Hey, I threw together a bowl of candy for us to munch on as we watch the next movie—" He suddenly looks up at me and pauses. I bite my lip.

"Hi—"

"Hi... are those my favourite silky shorts?" He asks, starting to smile. I nod anxiously, fiddling with my fingers. Ohhh god, there are so many butterflies in my stomach right now. His smile widens and he leans forward, setting his phone and the bowl on the coffee table. "Forget the candy — you are the sweetest thing I'm seeing right now." He says, reaching out for my hands. He pulls me down next to him and I burst into giggles, flushing deeply. I keep my thighs closed together, as he slowly leans forward and connects his lips to mine. Without hesitation, I kiss back, gliding my hand across his chest and fisting his shirt. He slips his hands under my knees, lifting my legs up onto his lap, as the kiss deepens with tongues. It's passionate, lustful and needy. There's already a warmth developing in my core. He kisses down my jawline, guiding a hand further up my thigh. My breath hitches.