chapter twenty two - striiiike

On Tuesday afternoon, some of the guys suggest we all go bowling, which I'm super eager for. I love bowling. I always have a load of fun, even though I'm a bit shit. Even Liv comes along to this one, but she rides with Hemsworth, Jeremy and Mark, while Scarlett and Robert share with me and Evans.

"So, you like bowling?" Evans asks me with a small smile and I nod eagerly.

"Yeah! It's g-great fun. I'm shit, but I have a g-good time." He laughs softly.

"I love that. That's such a great attitude to have. It is a lot of fun. Nice, friendly competition. It's great."

"Watch out, Meg. You're going to get the full extent of his and Hemmy's competitive nature." Scarlett warns me, making me laugh softly.

"Hmm, yeah, I can't wait." I say sarcastically, making everyone laugh.

"Hey, I'm not that bad!" Scarlett raises her eyebrows at Evans, making him smirk slightly. "It's all just light-hearted. Nothing serious."

"Mhmm, someone should tell Hemmy that. The man's seriously competitive." Robert points out.

"My goal today is to beat his ass. The reaction is going to be priceless." Evans states, making us laugh and roll our eyes. Soon enough, we arrive at the bowling alley and the four of us head inside, deciding to buy the tickets ready for when the others get here. Robert and Scarlett seem to take control of sorting the tickets, so my eyes end up wandering around the alley. It looks pretty nice and there's an arcade here too.

"Reminds me of our first date." Evans says with a cheeky grin, hands in his pockets. I smile too, blushing uncontrollably.

"That was s-such a great day."

"It was. Best first date ever." I laugh and nudge him playfully.

"Oh, stop it." He chuckles.

"I'm serious. It was the perfect day. I don't think you realise just how much I enjoyed myself. And I was so fucking annoyed when Liv interrupted what would have been our first kiss." I bite my lip.

"So... you did w-want to kiss me?" He grins and shakes his head.

"Of course I wanted to kiss you, you muppet." He answers, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. My cheeks burn up and I can't keep the smile off my face.

"Right, we have the VIP lanes so we have a bit of privacy." Robert states, wandering over to us with Scarlett. "It's lanes nine and ten." That's when the rest of the group wander in, and we all walk over to the VIP area, which has a nice sofa as seating and more privacy than the normal lanes.

"So shall we split into teams?" Hemsworth suggests and everyone nods.

"Why don't we do it by the car share? So me, Robert, Evans and Meg. Then you four."

"Yeah, sounds good to me." Hemsworth sets up the screen on lane nine, while Evans does ours on lane ten.

He locks my name in first; Megs. It makes my heart flutter, if that's possible. Then Scarlett, then Robert, then himself.

"When are you going, mate?" Hemsworth asks him.

"Forth."

"Great, I'll go then too." He says with a wink, making Evans laugh.

"You're on!" He beams, before turning to face us. "You're up, Meg. Show us what you got." He says with a grin. Ugh, why do I have to be first? I gulp and walk up to the row of balls, choosing one not too heavy, but also not too light. Mark is up first for the other team.

I walk up to the lane, taking a deep breath. I line up my shot, before taking my throw. As usual, I try and do it the professional way, taking a little run, bending my knees and flicking my foot. As always, I trip forward slightly, probably looking like a right idiot. I watch as the ball rolls down the lane and knocks down six. Hm, not an awful start. I pick up another ball and throw again - this time knocking down two. Damn. I turn around and do the walk of shame.