chapter twenty one - reunited with the gang

The next morning, I wake up naturally to the chirps of the birds again, squinting slightly from the ray of light piercing through the curtains. Evans is spooning me, his face nuzzled into the back of my neck. I can't help but smile a little, closing my eyes. This is such a nice way to wake up. Part of me wishes we didn't have to go back today. It's been absolutely amazing, just the two of us. And Dodger of course. But it's not fair on the others, and I like hanging out with them too. "Chris," I whisper loudly to see if he's awake. He grumbles. Biting my lip, I roll over to face him and a smile plays his lips. His eyes spring open.

"Mmm, morning beautiful." He mumbles, leaning in and pecking my lips softly. I smile widely when he pulls away.

"Hi—" God, how is it possible that he still looks so good?

"Did you sleep okay?" I nod.

"Yeah... it's p-pretty nice sleeping next you." I confess with a slight blush and he smiles.

"Mmm, yeah, I really like sleeping next to you. It's a pretty great setup, what we've got here." Oh you can say that again.

"Hey, where's Dodger?" I ask suddenly, realising I can't seem to see him on the bed anywhere. Evans smiles again.

"I've been awake for a bit. Got up to let him out then jumped back in before you woke up."

"Oh—" He chuckles.

"Don't worry, you've had a pretty big weekend." He says with a slight smirk and I bite my lip.

"Yeah, I have... thank you, for m-making it so p-perfect." His smile widens.

"Don't be silly, there's nothing to thank me for. I'm just happy that we got to share this time together, and that you were comfortable enough to share a part of yourself with me that no one else has before. If anyone should be thanking anyone, it should be me to you." I let out a laugh and roll my eyes, which makes him chuckle softly. "It was pretty perfect, wasn't it?" He chirps and I nod, blushing.

"Kinda makes me n-not w-want to go back." I admit reluctantly.

"I know what you mean. This has been really nice, just you and me. Y'know, we don't have to go back straight away... we could stay here for a couple more days. Hibernate. We could watch more movies or I could teach you more piano. And we could fail at cooking together. And do... other activities." He suggests with a smile and I can't lie, it's very tempting. I smile and close my eyes.

"Mmm, that sssounds so perfect." Then I exhale deeply. "B-But it's not fffair on the others." He sighs too, nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Next weekend then?" I bite my lip and nod gently.

"It's a date." He grins and squeezes me tight, kissing all over my face and making me giggle uncontrollably.

******

A couple of hours later, Evans and I are back at the house, being greeted by all of the Avengers. The guys share bro hugs and Scarlett smiles at me, rolling her eyes as she stands next to me.

"Did you have a good weekend?" She asks quietly, while the boys be... boys. Nodding, I bite my lip to try and hide my big smile. She smiles too. "Oh look at that smile! I take it something good happened?" She raises her eyebrows playfully and I laugh softly, blushing.

"Very g-good, yeah... we um... w-we had sex." I whisper and her smile widens.

"No wonder Evans is so damn happy this morning." I blush deeper and she nudges me playfully. "Was it okay? You don't have any regrets?" She asks quietly to make sure the others don't hear, and I quickly shake my head.