chapter twenty five - an important conversation

On the Friday, Hemsworth drags us all on another one of his hiking adventures, which consists of him eagerly walking ahead while the rest of us take a slow place, talking. Even I involve myself, laughing and joking with them. It's insane to think a week ago I'd be too nervous to join in, and now it kinda feels like I'm part of the group.

"So are you two going to yours this weekend again?" Robert asks curiously and Evans nods with a smile, glancing at me.

"Yup, we sure are." I smile too.

"Got anything planned?"

"We all know what they've got planned! They'll be shaking the bed." Hemsworth calls from ahead, making them all laugh. Oh, gosh. My cheeks glow a deep red. Bloody hell. Evans smirks and rolls his eyes.

"I've got a few surprises up my sleeve." He answers with a nod.

"Oooh, very mysterious. Meg's a lucky girl." Robert teases with a wink.

"What surprises?" I ask curiously and Evans smiles, dropping an arm around my shoulders.

"Well, they wouldn't be surprises if I told you, would they?" He points out, making me pout slightly. He chuckles and pecks my cheek. "You're so cute. They're nice surprises, I promise."

"Yes, Evans does like his girlfriends to wake up to a surprise in the mornings." Hemsworth says, playfully raising his eyebrows, which makes Evans laugh and shake his head.

"Don't say it like that! That makes it sound soooo bad." Everyone erupts into laughter. "Sometimes I like to do things in the night so whoever I'm with at the time wakes up to something nice—" He then pauses and realises that the way he's worded it doesn't sound much better either, and I can't help but smile, raising my eyebrows.

"Cause that sounds sooo much better." Hemsworth jokes and we all laugh yet again.

"Keeeeep digging that hole, mate." Jeremy adds with a grin.

"Really selling it."

"Oh shut up!" He mumbles, shaking his head with a laugh while blushing slightly. "My mom told me the best thing I can give a woman is attention, so when I'm dating a woman, I like to show that I've paid attention to her. That I care enough to do nice things for her without her having to tell me or, drop hints." He explains to me and my smile widens. Could this man get any more dreamy?

"Will you stop b-being so damn perfect, dude?" At this, he chuckles and shakes his head, that cute little blush returning. "You're like, a r-real life P-Prince Charming." That cheeky, boyish smile plays his lips.

"Does that make you my damsel in distress?" I let out a laugh.

"Hmm. I'm a d-damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle th-this. Have a nnnice day." I quote from Hercules, which makes him bark out a laugh.

"See, now you're the perfect one." He chirps, slipping his hand in mine and pecking my cheek. Oh my. I blush deeply.

"Why t-talk dirty when you can talk Disney?" I joke and he smirks a little.

"Oh, I don't know, I quite enjoy hearing you dirty talk as well." He whispers in my ear, making my blush deepen. Fuck. I clear my throat.

"Can you guys believe this time next week we'll all be going back to our own lives?" Hemsworth says aloud, and that's when it suddenly dawns on me. It's the 19th today. Liv and I go back home on the 25th. That's six days. Less than a week. I've got, less than a week, living this life with Chris. And then... then what? What will happen to us? Oh, god.

"Oh whoa, yeah. I didn't even realise. It's come by fast." Mark says. "That's crazy." I gulp. Less than a week and this perfect dream will be... different. Scarlett gives Hemsworth a hard glare, and I notice Evans is as quiet as I am. Shit. Is he thinking the same? It's suddenly become very awkward and tense.