Confession

Darks POV

My mom had just dropped me off at the store and now I'm looking for something to get Spark. I wasn't sure what he would want. I look everywhere but all they have really is the basic box heart of chocolate. I start to get frustrated with this. I've been looking for 45 minutes! Then I hear my mom behind me.

"Hey Dark, you ready to go?" I sit there for a moment before answering.

"No, I can't figure out what to get him." Then I heard my mom sigh.

"If he likes you he will love whatever you get him you know." I hesitate before answering.

"I... I just don't want him to reject me because I got him the wrong gift." I can feel myself start crying.

My mom sees this and says, "If that's the reason he'd reject you then he ain't the right guy. And does he seem like that type of guy to you?"

I feel a bit better after hearing that. "N-no I-I guess not."

"Now just get him a quick and easy gift, and if he likes you he'll love it." My mom says.

I just get him a box of chocolate. I really hope your right mom.

~Time skip to Monday~

Sparks POV

It's finally Monday, Valentine's Day. I was really hoping that Dark would ask me to be his valentine, but I know there's like a 10% chance of that happening is all. My chest hurts I want it so bad.
I got up to find the nicest outfit I could find, ate breakfast, then went to school.

Once I got to school, the day went by so slow. What was four hours felt like an eternity. Then it was finally 5th hour class. The one I have with Red and Dark.

Darks POV

I've got Sparks gift with me and I was going to give it to him at lunch. Red was already in the classroom when I walked in I walk over to him and he seems a little down. I ask, "Anything wrong Red?"

Red looks up and sighs saying, "I asked the Luponny to be my Valentine but she already said yes to the machoke from weights class."

I try to cheer him up by saying, "Well at least you can still ask the Lucario from weights class."

"Yeah, I guess your right." He says a bit happier.

Just then I see Spark come in the class. He looks like he's a bit upset? Maybe concerned? I put the gift in my bag for now then went up to him. I thought I'd ask if he was alright. "Hey Spark, are you alright? You seem a bit down."

He says, "yeah, I'm alright. Just thinking about stuff."

Right after he says that a female sylveon came us to me and asked, "D-Dark? Would you be my Valentine?"

I sit there a bit shocked at this since I didn't even know the Pokémon. But I didn't want to be rude to her so I said, "Sorry I'm not looking for a Valentine this year." Which was just an excuse.

Then the sylveon says sadly, "O-oh alright s-sorry to bother you." Then she walked away. I then look back at Spark. But Spark looked like he was about to cry. I try to say something. "Spark are you sure your alright?"

Spark then quickly turns around and says, "Y-yes I-I'm fine." He sounded like he was holding back the tears. Spark then went up to the door and told Mr. Alakazam, "I'm going to the nurses office." I could tell then he was crying. What was going on with him? Whatever it was it made me feel guilty.

Sparks POV

I went to the bathroom, into a stall locked it then let all the tears run loose. Dark didn't want a Valentine, so that meant there was no chance of him asking me. I was so upset it hurt my stomach. I ended up having to throw up a few times when I was crying. I just sat in the stall and cried for 20 minutes straight.