Chapter 23. Suprise, sickness, tears and pleasure

Damiano's pov.

*Morning*

Today is the day when Zoe can go home. I'm excited but at the same time a bit nervous. I'm thinking of staying at our house for a while and not going to Måneskin house just not too traumatic her more. I woke up earlier and hugged Zoe tightly, she sleeps so peacefully she didn't deserve this pain with constant fear every moment. I blame myself for not stopping that bastard Peter and letting him shoot Zoe. I would feel better if I would have been the one who got shot not her. I know Zoe would have been hurt and traumatized just how I am now. I'm happy that she's getting better quickly and our baby is alright, but I think I will always feel guilty for not protecting her. While I was overthinking everything, I felt Zoe moving and breathing heavily. I hugged her tightly and caressed her back trying to wake her up. After a few minutes, she woke up all sweaty and scared. She looked at me with eyes full of fear and tears. It broke my heart seeing her like this. Instantly Zoe took off the bed covers of her body and started examining her belly. Amore, it's okay, you're safe. I said softly trying to calm her down. Zoe looked at me and started crying. I immediately hugged her and she hugged me back. We stayed like this for a while. When we broke apart, she looked straight into my eyes. I saw how hurt and heartbroken she is. I hate seeing her cry. I softly kissed her lips reassuring her that I'm here with her and she is safe. After some time her doctor came into her room.

Doctor: Good morning, Zoe, how are you feeling?

Zoe: I'm feeling fine, just the lower part of my belly hurts a little. I quickly got up from the bed and let the doctor examine my fiancè. 

Doctor: Okay, let me check. Well, everything seems fine, now let's check your baby. The baby is growing fast, do you want to know the gender? Zoe and I looked at each other and nodded in response.
Congratulations you are expecting twins!! A girl and a boy!!!!!

What? I asked confused.

Doctor: Haven't your doctor mentioned this to your earlier?

Zoe: No. Wait, we're having twins?!

Doctor: Yes, congratulations!!! Also, you can go home today.
Zoe's doctor smiled at us and left the room.

Zoe: Ughh, what just happened?

We're having twins!!! All your life you wanted to have twins: a girl and a boy.

Zoe: Yes, it feels so unreal knowing that it will come true just after a few months.

It does.
I took her bag which Vic had brought while Zoe was in a coma and started to pack her clothes and essentials.

Zoe: What are you doing? I can do this myself.

You are a patient so let me take care of you.

Zoe: I know, but I don't need your help.

Well, I think differently, besides you need to be extremely careful.

Zoe: I know, I know, but can I go to the bathroom by myself?

Yes, but if you will need help, tell me.

Zoe: Okay, I will.
( Zoe's pov)

I went to the bathroom, took a shower. Cold water running down my body helped me to ease the pain and minimize the fear and shock I was feeling. After the shower I stood in front of the mirror, wow my belly is getting more visible, I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I and Damiano are having twins. It has always been my dream and now it's real. Baby, are you okay? Asked my fiancè from my hospital room. Yes, I'll be right out. I answered while wrapping a towel around my body and getting out of the bathroom room.