Press Survival

Few minutes later, Xinyi was dressed and ready to escape. In order not to alert anyone, Xinyi had dressed a little bit more causally than she would have. With a short skirt, a top and a bunny slippers, Xinyi walked around picking some of the things might need before the female staff came in. Glancing down through the window, Xinyi moved back immediately after realizing just how tall the dorm building was. There was no way she could jump down from there.

"You are all ready. What should I wear? I have to show how slim I am or I might get some insult from those annoying female staffs." Shu Chun said searching through her closet.

"Do you know how long it will take?" Xinyi asked nervously as she glanced through the window once more searching for the car her cousin sent.

"They would normally go through all the dorms. I think it will take a while. They are still going to check if we have contrabands. You don't have contrabands, do you?" Shu Chun turned glancing at Xinyi as she asked.

"Contrabands?" Xinyi asked watching as Shu Chun sighed before going to sit on the chair.

"Contrabands. Things that make will you gain weight. You don't have them, right?" Shu Chun asked.

" Shu Chun, I have to leave now." Xinyi whispering as she leaned in.

" You want to leave? Like quit the agency? Stop your training?" Shu Chun asked

" Where did you get that idea from? I want to sneak out. I may not be able to come back today. Is it possible? For me to leave without anyone noticing?" Xinyi asked.

" I understand. You want to leave the agency to spend time with your boyfriend. I understand. The problem is I don't know how to cover for you if the female staff comes. Why don't you leave after the inspection? I will help you take care of the rest." Shu Chun said.

" Thank you." Xinyi said smiling as she sighed.

*******************************

Meanwhile, Bao Jun sat down with his legs crossed as he glanced at his watch frequently while he smiled at his Aunt and Uncle. Even though he was smiling so brightly, he knew he was worried deep inside. Fooling his uncle might be easy but not his aunt. Just as he predicted, Xinyi's mother was no fool as she stood up abruptly bringing Bao Jun to his feet too.

"Let's go to your house. We haven't been there before right honey? This will be a perfect time for us to go and see where Bao Jun lives while picking Xinyi up." Xinyi's mother said smiling sweetly at her husband.

Bao Jun's eyes darted between them as he kept his hand crossed behind his back praying his uncle won't agree. Madam Tang as they called Xinyi's mother had the spirit of a wild tiger. She didn't accept things not going her way and often used violence if necessary. Some say it was because her ancestor was a great general while some said she was just unruly. The reason they called her Madam Tang was because she was the wife of the first son of the Tang clan. His mother was known to be Second Madam.

"There's no need honey. Besides, I'm a little tired. Having to go to Bao Jun's house would be troublesome. Let's wait." Bao Jun heard his uncle say.

" We will be sitting in a car. Nothing troublesome about the journey." Xinyi's mother said not taking no for an answer.

"Honey, let's sit and wait." Xinyi's father said in a stern voice even though he was smiling at his wife.

Many people often say only two kindred souls marry each other. This was certainly the case in Xinyi's parents marriage. Xinyi's father was a man who looked fragile and soft but his tone often portrayed another.