[ 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
- STAY -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Silence.

That was the perfect word to describe the situation right now.

The two girls and two boys were all sitting at the dining table. Jay sat across from Eunji and Sunghoon sat across from Jiwoo. And no one, but no one let a word come out of his or her mouth.

It felt uncomfortable and awkward.

Jiwoo wasn't eating anything, she was just kind of moving her chopsticks through the food. She didn't feel like taking a bite at all, just purely because the boy across from her was staring at her the whole time.

Jiwoo tried to avoid the eye contact between the two of them by looking at the table, hoping that Sunghoon would then stop looking at her, but in the corner of her eye the clearly saw that his eyes were only focused on her. It gave her a strange twist in her lower abdomen.

"Can you also focus your eyes on something else?" She said next, uncomfortably.

"Who are you talking to?" Eunji said as she turned her head toward her friend, who was sitting next to her.

"The person I'm talking to clearly knows I'm talking about him," Jiwoo responded coldly as she moved her head upright and stared Sunghoon deep in the eyes, who was still watching her.

When Sunghoon saw Jiwoo's cold stare towards him, he shook his head slightly to come back to reality and quickly took a bite of his food while looking somewhere else, trying to look innocent.

He was staring at Jiwoo the whole time, because she made him felt different. And he really want to know why and how. He always feels something in his stomach. As if something is flying inside of him.

He didn't felt the same when he was around Jiwoo. He feels normal when he is around other girls, but when he was around Jiwoo, he felt different.

Eunji raised her eyebrows. She was not used to this behavior from her friend. She was normally NEVER this cold and short-tempered. She was always cheerful, enthusiastic and cared about everyone, but now she seemed to be the complete opposite.

As if being around Sunghoon changed her.

"Sunghoon?" Jay called out his name.

Sunghoon looked up and hummed in response. His eyes showed nothing but innocence.

"Why were you looking at Jiwoo?" Jay continued while raising his eyebrow at him.

Sunghoon quickly shook his head. "I didn't," he replied quickly before taking another bite of his food.

Jiwoo scoffed in disbelief as she slightly shook her head. "You're unbelievable," she said as she threw her chopsticks towards him, hitting his face.

Eunji and Jay both gasped at Jiwoo her action. Sunghoon groaned in pain as his hands quickly reached his face. He rubbed his eyes for a second before giving a cold glance towards Jiwoo. He clenched his fist and raised it, about to slap Jiwoo.

"You little b-"

"STOP!" Eunji screamed, interrupting Sunghoon who was about to hit Jiwoo. Eunji slammed both of her fists against the table, causing a loud bang to be heard.

Jay got startled and accidently hit his glass of water. It fell of the table, hitting the cold, wooden floor. The glass shattered in many pieces.

"You two are literally the most childish people to ever exist!" Eunji scolded the girl and boy, "Why can't you two just talk normally like most people do without teasing and scolding each other?"

Jiwoo looked towards Sunghoon, who was looking down at the table. His face red.

When Sunghoon felt someone looking at him, he raised his head, facing Jiwoo. They both made eye contact for a few seconds, but it got broken by Jay who patted Sunghoon's back. Sunghoon quickly turned his head towards him.

"Why don't the two of you go talk together for a while?" Jay suggested.

-

"Why did you threw the chopsticks towards me? Was it your intention to hit my head?!" Sunghoon yelled at Jiwoo as he slammed Jay's bedroom door behind him harshly.

Jiwoo, who entered the room earlier, sat down on Jay's chair that stood in front of his desk. She flinched by the loud noise of the door that got shut. "Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't," she answered as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Answer my question!"

"This is my answer!" Jiwoo yelled back at him.

Sunghoon sighed deeply as he rubbed his head. He sat down on Jay's bed, trying to control his anger.

Normally, he would have hit her already, but he can't do that to her. He wanted her to stay by his side, just so he can find out why he is feeling so odd around her.

"You're unbelievable," Sunghoon said as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm done," Jiwoo said as she stood up from the chair and walked towards the door of the bedroom. She grabbed the doorknob, about to open it, but suddenly she felt a hand being put on her shoulder, turning her around.

Jiwoo gasped and widened her eyes as her back hit the door harshly. In front of her stood Sunghoon, who put his palms, one hand on each side of Jiwoo's head, on the door, pinning Jiwoo.

She looked up at him, making eye contact. His cold gaze at her made her gulp some saliva down her throat. Her cheeks burning red.

"You can't leave," Sunghoon said in a cold and deep voice, "Stay."