The Day the Heroics Fell

Narrator POV

At a time in the world where things were feeling less and less certain, there was one thing you could always count on: the Heroics. Our planet's team of superheroes. And our heroes never failed. 

Hovering among the clouds, Miracle Guy waited for Tech-no to arrive.

"Sorry I'm late!" Tech-no emerged from the clouds and made his way over to Miracle Guy. "I had to put the ISR synthetic aperture together."

"Let's just hope it's more than just a downed satellite, so the whole team can spring into action." Miracle Guy joked. 

"Let's not." Tech-no scoffed. "Be careful with that thing."

"When am I not careful?" Miracle Guy cockily responded. 

"All the time." Tech-no said as Miracle Guy flew away.

Miracle Guy flew higher and higher, eventually exiting the earths atmosphere. He stopped when he saw a huge mess of metal strewn around space. "Hey, Tech-no." Miracle Guy called down.

"What's up?"

"The solar array, it's blown to bits."

"Seriously?" Tech-no asked.

"There's something coming, a spaceship of some kind. It just blasted some kind of energy ray at me. Do these clowns not know who I am?" Miracle Guy reported. 

"I don't mean to be a nudge, but any idea how long this is going to take? I'm running on fumes." Tech-no warned.

Miracle Guy pulled out his phone and aimed it at the incoming energy ray. "Just a quick selfie for my socials while I stop this thing..." Miracle Guy got cut off as a smaller spaceship sped by him. "Wait a minute. There's not one ship...there's a whole armada out there."

"Funny, if I didn't know better, I'd say you sound a little worried." Tech-no poked. "Miracle Guy?" An explosion sounded overhead and Miracle Guy came into view. "H-Base! Come in, this is Tech-no! Miracle Guy's been hit!"

"Hit with what?" Whoever was on the other end asked unhelpfully. 

Tech-no hurried to catch Miracle Guy as he fell. "He's barely conscious!" Tech-no told H-Base.

"Miracle Guy is barely conscious?" The guy checked. 

"Have a catcher ready!" Tech-no's jetpack ran out of gas and the suddenly, there wasn't anything holding them up. "I'm out!" 

This was the day our heroes fell. All of them. But from that others would rise. Rise in friendship, teamwork, and love.