Hope

PHOENIX POV

The ship landed on the larger ship without any trouble, to everyone's relief. 

A hole opened in the main glass door of the ship and Noodles neared it. "I'm gonna go check it out." He extended his neck to look around and when he came back, he told us, "We're all good."

We all exited the ship and Guppy, who was holding my hand again, asked, "Am I just really small, or is this ship really big?"

"It's enormous." Noodles confirmed.

"Yeah. How are we going to find our parents?" FaceMaker asked.

"I was thinking about that." Wheels spoke up as we all circled up. "Mrs. Granada found us really easily back at Grandma's house, and I think I know how, your bracelet." 

Wheels took Missy's bracelet off her wrist as Missy mention in confusion, "I haven't been able to contact my dad."

"But maybe the transmitter in here that connects the two bracelets works like a tracking device." Wheels continued like Missy hadn't said anything. "But I need a pair of pliers and a heat source."

"My teeth are strong because my dad's a shark." Guppy volunteered as she demonstrated her strong teeth. 

"Perfect." Wheels approved.

"And I've got a heat source." WildCard stepped up. He tried to focus on his heat vision, but simply saying, "Heat vision!" like he did, doesn't mean that you can do that power.

And I was right. Because not even 2 seconds later, WildCard was on the ground as a toaster. "And now he's a toaster." FaceMaker sighed.

"Wow." I stared down in amusement at "WildToaster". Looking back up at Wheels I said, "I've got heat that I can actually control."

"Yeah," Wheels said, nodding, "I was going to ask for your powers whether or not WildCard turned into a toaster."

A bit later, Wheels did something with the bracelet and off we went down the halls. Missy had her bracelet back on her wrist as she followed the beeping. 

"Is it working?" Wheels asked Missy.

"Well, it's leading us somewhere." Missy answered looking back. 

We walked in silence for a bit until I heard Missy talking with WildCard. "Hey! That was really good back there."

"What? Turning into a toaster instead of making heat vision and then having Phoenix taking my spot?" WildCard complained.

"I can't take what is already mine." I whisper yelled to WildCard.

"It was heat-related. That's real progress." Missy encouraged.

"I guess it's progress." WildCard admitted. 

"You just watch. Pretty soon, you'll be teleporting like it's nobody's business. It's all about belief." Missy continued to encourage.

I was walking behind Missy and WildCard with Guppy holding my hand and A Capella on my other side. I had been unusually quiet ever since being called A Capella's best friend. I'll admit, it hurt more than I had ever though possible. But at this point, I was used to being friend-zoned. I just needed an hour or two and I'd be back. 

"Are you ok?" Guppy looked up at me in concern.

"Um, yeah. I'm ok, Gups. I'm just thinking about all the things that Phoenixes can't do once they know who they are." Ok, let me explain. Guppy knows about me liking A Capella, just like the other kids do, but Guppy is the only one that I've admitted to liking A Capella to. We use codes to talk about that because, 1: it's fun to use codes, and 2: it's our way of communicating about these things without A Capella knowing. 

"Oh." Guppy softly squeezed my hand in comfort.

"Huh? What does that mean? Is that a code or something?" A Capella asked.

Yeah, code for ever since I found out I liked you, I haven't been able to do anything about it. I thought. But I obviously couldn't say that, so I just said, "If it is, I forgot what it means."

A Capella sighed and looked at me with a look or worry. She knew I wasn't ok, but she didn't know why. 

My emotions are hard to hide, mostly for the reason that my emotions show in my powers abilities, but A Capella's powers don't depend on her being calm, so she is able to hide them with much less difficulty.

But little did I know that we were both feeling the same loneliness at not having each other in the way that we wanted, the same frustration in not being able to pluck up the courage to say something, and the same heartbreak at the thought that the other didn't want to be together in the way that was wanted. But the one emotion that A Capella had that I didn't right now was hope. I guess that you can have beauty and brains at the same time. Because this hope came from being able to put pieces of the puzzle together and realizing that my mood started once I had been called A Capella's 'best friend.'

Hiiii! This chapter had a bit less of the actual story line and a bit more of...whatever ship name A Capella and Phoenix have. 

Speaking of which, A Capella and Phoenix need a ship name! Any suggestions?

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. 

Stay safe and healthy. Until next time! Sarahs4Hearts, out! <3