Next Stop: The Mothership

PHEONIX POV

We all stopped behind a rock and stared at the alien ship before us. "Look, there's the supply ship." Missy unnecessarily pointed out.

"Just like in Ojo's drawing." I smirked.

We looked to our left to see alien tentacles slithering away. "Ew. Gross." We all exclaimed.

"Shh. Keep it down!" Missy instructed. "Wait. Wait a second. Let's go."

We all ran out from behind the rock and made a mad dash for the ship. I, however, simply spread my wings and beat everyone to the ship easily.

Wheels positioned himself in front of a chair in the middle of the ship as Missy told Wheels in a panic, "Now shut the door and let's get the heck out of here." Wheels, however, was doing a head count and when he realized that we were missing someone he told us.

"We can't leave! We're not all here!"

"What? Who's missing?" Fast Forward asked before answering her own question with a sigh.

We all turned to see Slo-Mo running as fast as he could towards the ship.

"Slo-Mo, cut it out! Run!" Wild Card called out as the rest of the kids told him to hurry as well.

"Guys, shut up!" I tried to quiet them down. "If the aliens don't hear us, they won't have a reason to come back!" But I was too late. An alien tentacle poked its head up from the trees and turned to look at us.

"Guys?" I tried to get their attention, but only Guppy reacted.

"Hurry! They're coming back!"

"Ten to one says he's tentacled." Facemaker leaned down to Wheels.

"Dude!" Wheels gave Facemaker a look of disbelief.

"Not the time!" I slapped Facemaker on his shoulder.

We all shouted encouragement at Slo-Mo to hurry up, but he didn't go any faster. I bounced on my toes for a moment before hovering in the air. The tentacles moved closer to Slo-Mo, growling and snarling as they did so. Without thinking about what could happen, I flew out of the ship towards Slo-Mo. The rest of the kids in the ship yelled at me to come back, but I was deaf to their pleas. I reached Slo-Mo and threw him over my shoulders.

As I flew back, the tentacles got closer and closer. I finally reached the ship and shrugged Slo-Mo off my shoulders. Acapella shot me a look that plainly said that we were having a talk later.

Wheels pressed a button and the door to the ship closed just in time. The tentacles slammed against the glass as we all screamed.

"Wheels, please tell me you've figured this out!" Missy cried.

"It's actually incredibly intuitive." Wheels answered, looking at all the buttons and pressing a green one. A force field covered the outside of the ship and the ship shook.

"Please just choose any button!" Missy said.

"Literally any button!" I added.

"It might be one of these." Wheels pressed the blue button and the force field went away. Another pair of tentacles slammed onto the side of the ship, causing the glass to crack and all of us to scream.

"Ok, maybe not any button." I corrected myself.

Guppy ran forward and pressed a red button. The ship shuddered for a moment before it took off.

"Huh. It was the red button. Of course it was the red button." I gasped as I tried to catch my breath.

It was silent for a minute or two as everyone admired the stars around them. I was sitting on the ground, looking at the stars when I heard someone ask,

"But what now?" I turned my head to see Noodles ask as he turned away from a window.

"Don't worry." Missy replied. "Any minute now, Ojo's gonna draw a picture of all of us smiling and hugging our parents. Isn't that right, Ojo?"

Everyone looked at Ojo who shook her head slowing.

"Oh, that's just great." Noodles complained.

"Shut it, Noodles." I stood up in frustration, "It's not like we are all conspiring against you to keep you away from your parents! We miss them too!"

"Hey, calm down, Faye." I felt a soft hand being placed on my arm. Even though I already knew who it was, I looked up to see Acapella.

"Sorry." I sheepishly looked down. My emotions had been all over the place since we had left headquarters.

"What's going on? Why have your emotions been so crazy lately?" Acapella asked in concern.

"I'm just stressed. Our parents are missing and aliens are taking over the world!" I paused. "But why are you asking like that? You know I struggle with my emotions."

Acapella looked at me in an odd way. It was the look that people have when they're trying to admit something to another. As Acapella opened her mouth to respond, I noticed that we were speeding towards a HUGE ship. Apparently, Acapella noticed it as well. She looked back up at me and said, "Faye, I care about you because...because you're my best friend."

Ouch. That one hurt. Why did I need to fall for her when she will never fall for me? 

But little did I know that my hurt at being called 'best friend' by my crush was shared by the girl standing before me.

Hi all! I'm not dead! I finally updated! Sorry for taking so long. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, consider voting! 

Love y'all. Stay healthy and stay safe!