Training

PHOENIX POV

Anita let us lose to train and off we went. We all stepped onto a platform as Anita told us, "Stand together."

We went to do our own thing and waited for Anita to work with us one at a time. As Anita called everyone up, one by one, I waited by flying around above everyone else, watching, and occasionally shooting harmless fireballs at Acapella. 

Eventually, I spotted something walking on the road nearby. I squinted, trying to get a better view and when I realized what I saw, my eyes widened. I flew back to the rest of the group to see Guppy finishing the swinging bag course and run to the blue balls that Facemaker was on. 

"Wrong way! You're going to wrong way!" Facemaker shouted, setting Guppy off. 

She growled and stomped towards Facemaker who ran away. Noodles grabbed Guppy around the middle to try and stop her. Seeing the sight unfold below worried me. I flew down and fire balls appeared in both my palms. 

"I'm sorry, Gups." I told her. I sent the fire to encircle her, breaking her out of her trance. Water extinguished the fire ring to reveal Guppy. She growled in a way that I hadn't heard before. 

Missy came running up and, putting her hand on Guppy's shoulder, said, "Guppy, you're in a shark frenzy! Attacking even your friends. Your powers are useless if you don't stay calm and focused. Go meditate." Missy sent Guppy to meditate on top of one of the training equipment structures. I watched the scene unfold with a sense of sourness. Of course it was the new girl that calms Guppy down over her own sister! 

We continued our training. It went smoothly until Slo-Mo got hit by one of the punching bags. He flew through the air towards us as Missy yelled, "Someone catch Slo-Mo! Noodles! I mean, no, Facemaker!"

"What?" Rewind and FastForward asked together. "Who? Make up your mind!"

"I got him!" Noodles tried to catch Slo-Mo from the balance rope, but ended up missing and falling off. His arms acted like wings in a way and he accidently knocked Acapella's training stick out of her hands. It flew into the air and smacked me to the ground, hard. It then hit Rewind on the top of the head and he fell flat on his back. 

Noodles fell on top of Facemaker and grabbed Wheel's wheelchair, making him roll towards the growing pile. 

"Listen to me!" Missy cried is frustration.

"Then give us better instructions for us to listen to!" I snapped back. 

Noodles grabbed Acapella's leg, pulling her next to me. FastForward and Wildcard walked over to the group. 

"Slo-Mo, you never do anything right." Wildcard told Slo-Mo as he slowly came to a stop in front of us. 

"Shut up. It isn't his fault." I snapped. 

We all looked at Missy who, looking depressed, sat down with her head in her hands.