Escape

GUPPY POV

I sat with my back against the door as I listened to the rest of the group whine and complain. A Capella sat next to me, her whole body mimicked my body as I cried from sadness and anger.

"I need food. My stomach hurts." FaceMaker whined.

"My arm hurts." Noodles complained next.

"My ears hurt!" Wild Card shut them up. "We never should have come. You led us up here." He accused Missy.

"You think I wanted to get us locked up in an alien ship?" Missy asked in disbelief.

"It was all of us." Wheels spoke over Missy and Wild Card. "We did it together. And if we are going to get out of here and save Pheonix, we need to work together, as a team."

"I want to go home." I choked out.

"Me too!" Fast Forward and Rewind agreed in unison.

"We all want to go home." Wheel spoke for everyone. "The key is figuring out how to get out of this room so we can save Phoenix and make sure that there's a home to go back to."

I whimpered slightly as Missy seemed to have been suddenly struck with an idea. "Wait a second. What did you just say?"

"He said we all want to go home." A Capella supplied.

"Not that, the second part." Missy shut A Capella down.

"'Figure out how to get us out of this room so we can make sure there's a home to go back to'?" Wheels repeated but it came out as more of a question.

"Stop saying that." My voice cracked from crying.

"Keep it together." WildCard unhelpfully told me.

"She's five years old and just lost her sister! Leave her alone!" A Capella defended me as I glared at WildCard.

"Guys..." Missy started as she stood up. "Maybe it's time to admit we're never getting out of here."

"What?" Rewind voiced everyone's confusion.

"I mean, let's get real. These walls and this door must be, like, two-feet thick. It's totally impossible." Missy was doing an incredibly awful job at leading us. Instead of trying to get us out of here, what is she doing? She is convincing us that we are never going to get out of here.

"Wow, great attitude." WildCard sassed Missy before looking at me in worry to see if I was going to blow up at him.

"Yep." Missy say down in defeat. "We're never getting out of here, and we're certainly never seeing our parents again, that's for sure." As I looked down in annoyance and sadness, I missed the exchange between Missy and Wheels.

"She's right. Pretty soon we'll forget what they even look like. The way they smelled...it'll all just be...gone." Wheels snapped to show his point. These people are horrible at encouraging.

"Jeez, you guys are ready bumming me out." WildCard said. Missy, yet again, winked aggressively that was missed by the whole room. "But, I guess this really is the end."

"But I'm not ready for the end." Noodles started crying, giving me an idea.

"I was just starting to think...maybe my sister didn't hate me." Rewind said.

"I don't hate you." Fast Forward spoke up.

"I love you." The twins said together.

At that moment, I stood up, wiping my tears on my hand. "Give me your tears." It was a bit straightforward, but I didn't care. I gathered up an obnoxious amount of tears before getting to work.

A Capella came up to me and asked, "What are you making?"

"I'm making a key." I lightly flicked the key to test it. Since it passed the test, I walked to the door and inserted the key. To my utter delight, the door opened. I turned around to face the group. "Let's go."

"Hold on." WoldCard stopped me. "Who made you the leader?"

I slowing walked up to WildCard, a glare on my face. "My sister has been taken. My parents have been taken. I don't know if I will ever see them again. I'm not taking the leader spot, but if none of you will, I will be the one to take the first step to do something."

WildCard looked a bit scared that I had actually done something, but he nodded.

I glared at him for a moment longer before turning around and leaving the cell with everyone else following me.