Compromises and Denial

PHOENIX POV

I slowing regained consciousness with a headache. I didn't know what was happening or where I was for a moment until I realized that I was tied to a chair.

Remembering what was happening, I started to struggle in a panic. I tried to focus on my fire powers, but the next moment, I felt water hit my head, throwing my power option out the window.

Looking up, I saw a guy pulling a bucket away from my head. In anger, I started to struggle even more.

"Relax." I heard a voice. I strained to find the source of the voice. Unable to find them, I asked,

"Who's there?"

To my surprise, Ojo came into my vision. "Hi."

I blinked at Ojo for a moment. "You can speak?"

"I could always speak. I just chose to stand back and observe." Ojo said that as casually as if she had just stated the color of the sky.

"Um, ok?" It came out as more of a question before another question emerged. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be with the rest of the kids?"

"Oh please. They won't notice I'm gone for too long. They're coming to get you." Ojo said.

"Ok. And?" I struggled to get free but couldn't.

"And I'm tired of your denial." Ojo shrugged, as she put her iPad down and picked up what looked like a needle. 

"Meaning?" I eyed the needle cautiously.

"You'll understand when you wake up." Ojo walked towards me as alien tentacles appeared behind her back.

"You...you're an...alien?" I stuttered.

Shrugging again, Ojo placed the needle on a tray near me. "Ok, are you going to let me do this?"

"I don't even know what you're doing!" I responded in a bit of a panic.

"Yeah, I can't tell you that quite yet." Ojo calmly told me.

"Then I'm not letting you do whatever you want to do!" My eyes never left the needle tray.

"Ok, how about a deal? I'll make sure that none of your friends, along with your girlfriend and sister, don't get hurt if you let me do what I need to do." Ojo smirked knowingly at me.

I felt my face heat up as I shifted uncomfortably in my restraints. "I don't have a girlfriend."

"Not yet but you might as well have one." Ojo said as the smirk never left her face.

"If you can promise me that my friends and sister won't get hurt, do whatever you want to me." I sat up a bit straighter, waiting for whatever Ojo was going to do.

"True love," Ojo picked up the needle before turning to look at me. "Will always win out." She neared me and, with a nod from me, rolled up my right sleeve and stuck the needle into my arm. "Remember that." Ojo told me before I was dragged into the depths on unconsciousness once more.