Iniciate plan "Free the Firebird"

PHOENIX POV

After falling into Acapella, I turned to look at the rest of the kids being thrown into the room, all complaining.

Finally, the tentacle threw in Slo-Mo. He slowly fell through the air before dramatically landing on the ground.

"Quit the pantomime, Slo-Mo." WildCard sighed. "You didn't even scrape a knee."

"Oh, good." Miss Granada entered the room. "Just the kind of divisive attitude I've been counting on. You kids are just like your parents. The same in-fighting. The same bickering. Putting your own egos ahead of your team." Guppy took her water bottle out to use her powers, but Miss Granada caught her. "Take away her water." One of the dudes snatched Guppy's water away with his tentacle. "They're too powerful together." Miss Granada thoughtfully pointed at Rewind and Fast Forward, resulting in the two pointing at themselves in surprise. The dude that took Guppy's water used his tentacle to move Fast Forward away from Rewind.

"What is that going to do? They are still in the same room!" I asked out loud to no one in particular.

Miss Granada ignored my comment as she sneered at me. "I almost forgot about you. Put her hair out. Her powers are too powerful and are likely to combust at any moment." The same dude used Guppy's water to land on my head, making my powers unusable. I growled at them in anger as Miss Granada looked at me with a look that I didn't like. "Actually, I want to keep an eye on her. Round her up." The other guy used a tentacle to wrap around me and brought me closer to the aliens.

Shouts rose up from the rest of the kids as I got dragged from them. But my attention wasn't on them, but on a syringe that was being brought closer and closer to me. Eventually, the syringe pierced my skin and I felt my consciousness slip away from me.

3RD PERSON POV

As Phoenix lost consciousness, everyone looked at her in horror.

"Oh, don't worry." Miss Granada noticed Ojo clutching her iPad closer to her. "I won't take away your little toy. I already know what your future is." She took an odd looking key out of her pocket. "Imprisonment. Life long." Miss Granada suddenly stood up with a chuckle. "Let's go. And be careful with her." She directed, staring at Phoenix.

She turned around and left the room, followed by the two men and the unconscious Phoenix. Once the last guy left, Miss Granada faced the kids and, with a smirk, closed the door.

Nobody spoke. Nobody wanted to acknowledge the fact that Phoenix was taken. No one wanted to trigger anyone, especially A Capella. The main worry in the back of everyone's mind was that since Phoenix was out, that meant that A Capella was out, followed by Guppy.

A Capella sat down on a seat in utter defeat as Guppy went into shark mode at the fact that her sister had been taken. She stormed to the door and tried to open it with her bare hands.

"I bet Miss Granada has been working there for years." FaceMaker thought out loud.

"They must have hacked the elections and put their own alien in as president so they could set a trap for the Heroics." WildCard continued FaceMaker's thinking.

"I'm such an idiot." Wheels huffed. He was on edge at the loss of Phoenix. He flipped his screen around to show the rest of the room. "President Neil Anami. Spell Neil Anami backwards and you have...'I'm an alien'."

"Everyone thinks that the aliens only invaded this morning, but they've been here for years, planning this takeover the whole time." Missy said, oblivious of the drawings on Ojo's iPad.

"And now we're locked in this stupid cell with no way out." WildCard blamed Missy with a pointed look.

A loud bang disturbed everyone, except A Capella who was now on the verge of tears. Everyone looked up to see Guppy glaring at WildCard, making him ask, "Why are you looking at me like this is my fault?"

"Phoenix isn't here to throw a fireball at you, so I'm going to be the one to tell you: shut up." Guppy's eyes softened the slightest bit at the fact that she blew up that far, but no one caught it and so she went back into her shark mode to get out to save her sister.

Everyone watched Guppy for another moment before she hit the door again and slid down it. She hadn't even hit the ground before she burst into tears. A Capella joined her by the door for comfort. A Capella already saw Guppy as her younger sister, and right now, Guppy was her comfort person.

She sat next to Guppy as she fought desperately to stop the tears from rolling down her face, but to no avail. Once the first tear escaped, the rest followed swiftly as she mourned the loss of Phoenix. She was unable to do anything; unable to save Phoenix; unable to save the girl whom she so dearly loved.

I'm so sorry you guys for taking so long. Normally, I'd use the "I've been busy" excuse, but I feel like you guys don't deserve that. I've honestly lost interest in this story, but I HATE it when authors start a story and then discontinue it once I'm into it. And seeing how far you've gotten in the story, it isn't fair for me to stop the book right now. So I'll finish this story, but the updates will most likely take more time, seeing as I've lost interest. Again, don't worry! The story will finish, just not as fast as some may prefer.

Stay safe and healthy.

Until next time, Sarahs4Hearts, out! <3