Leader Who?

PHOENIX POV

I sat down in Guppy's seat and Guppy sat on my lap. Acapella sat down in the seat next to me.

Wheels brought the TV down and the news report started.

"You know this is an epic Heroic smackdown event when they've called in Sharkboy!" A reporter was saying.

Everyone cheered, but Guppy and I cheered the loudest. I was so invested in watching, that I didn't notice Acapella glance at me with more than a friendly smile.

The screen showed Sharkboy jumping off a sharks back and landing on a dock.

"Earlier today, Sharkboy appeared from the ocean depths, landing on the beach of South Padre Island. And moments later, Lavagirl blasted up from inside an active volcano." Lavagirl was showed next.

"Go Sharkboy and Lavagirl!" Guppy cheered, making me smile at her.

"She's from the Earth's core you know." The reporter commented. "And here's Mayor Doolittle at today's ribbon cutting for his new city hall, rebuilt after the last time the Heroics went into action." 

Blinding Fast ran through the ribbon as the reporter said, "Did you see that? Of course you didn't. That means it's none other than Blinding Fast, the fastest Heroic on the planet."

"Go, Dad!" Slo-mo cheered.

"And here comes Crashing Low!" Crashing Low appeared on the screen next as he crashed through the top of the newly built building. "And there goes the mayor's new building in record time. These battles are insanely expensive for taxpayers, but so entertaining."

"Pass the popcorn. This battle's gonna be epic!" Wildcard said to Slo-Mo, who passed the popcorn slowly. Wildcard got impatient and grabbed the popcorn, spilling most of it on the ground. 

"This is unprecedented. All of the Heroics have been called into action against the alien threat. We're getting some live footage now."

"And look who's back in action." Another reporter said. "It's Miracle Guy. You didn't expect him to actually lose, did you?"

All of the Heroics got in positions to attack the alien ship. The screen showed Marcus Moreno and Missy said softly, "He's not supposed to be there."

"Missy," I told her, "This isn't something that we have ever faced before. ALL of the Heroics are needed."

"He promised me!" She lashed out at me. 

The ship released a load of mini alien ships at the incoming Heroics. One of them smashed into Miracle Guy and he fell out of the air. He hit a building and then landed painfully on the roof of another building. 

"No way! No one's ever taken down Miracle Guy!" Noodles exclaimed. 

"There's always a first." I softly told myself.

"Evasive maneuvers!" Lavagirl called out. 

Another mini alien ship banged into Sharkboy and he fell out of the air and hit a news helicopter, making it crash. "You okay, Sharkboy?" A dude in the helicopter asked. 

An alien arm grabbed Sharkboy and dragged him away. 

Guppy gasped and I felt my eyes glow. I only ever lost control of my powers when I got overwhelmed or angry. 

Miracle Guy stumbled to his feet and looked at the ship approaching him. The ships grabbed both of his arms, preventing him from flying away, and was taken.

"Oh no. I'm just getting some terrible news." A reporter said. "It's almost unimaginable, but two of our heroes have been captured by the intruders."

My head felt woozy. I didn't know how much more I could handle.