Captured

PHOENIX POV

The group turned into another hallway, but we didn't get far because a rumbling started to shake the floor.

"Um, guys?" Acapella stopped the group. "Does anyone else hear that?"

"What is that?" Fast Forward asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"It's below us. I can feel it." Wheels looked around him to try and find the source of the rumble.

Suddenly, a rumble, larger than the others, sounded, causing everyone to run to the walls for support. I instinctively flew into the air to escape the shake.

The shaking seemed to be coming from one place, turning the groups heads toward it.

Without warning, the ground started cracking. The cracks began to move towards us and a slimy tentacle was exposed. Screaming, everyone ran away from the fast moving tentacle.

Upon reaching an intersection, an alarm went off. "Which way?" Facemaker asked.

"That way!" Missy led the charge towards a door.

Following Missy seemed like a good escape, but halfway down the hallway, the tentacle popped out of the ground, stopping our progress.

Acapella started singing at the tentacle at a pitch that was too high for it, causing the tentacle to writhe.

Signaling for us to move by, a pyramid of some kind of liquid looking substance came into view.

"Look at that thing!" WildCard pointed as the doors closed behind us.

"What is that?" I flew a bit higher. Knowing what I was going to do, Acapella grabbed my ankle.

"No, Faye. You are not going to fly over to it." Acapella commanded me.

"Fine." I descended down until I reached the floor.

Suddenly, we heard a door open and the president appeared.

"What the heck is the president doing here?" Missy asked.

The president stayed still for a moment until a few other men stood by his side. "So they're inside this thing? All of them?"

"That's correct." Another man answered.

"How long before the takeover begins?" The president asked.

"According to the supreme commander, less than an hour." The second man answered again.

"So soon?" The president asked in surprise.

"That's what she says, and she's never wrong." The second man shrugged.

"You don't have to remind me." The president sighed in part annoyance. "Ever wonder why we even bother with all this when she already knows how it's going to turn out?"

"All part of the process, I suppose." The second man said as they all turned to walk out of the room.

"What is that thing?" Facemaker asked once the group of men left.

"You heard him. It's a rocket stuffed to the gills with aliens." WildCard exclaimed.

"That's not what they said." I snapped in thought.

"Then what else would be in there?" WildCard asked in frustration.

"I didn't say that I knew. I simply said that no one said that the pyramid had aliens inside it." I said, still calmly in thought.

"It is full of aliens and in less than an hour, they'll send it down to Earth and start the takeover!" WildCard continued freaking out.

"Well, then we have to stop them. Let's go." Missy announced. We all turned to leave, but the door opened before we could reach it showing Miss Granada flanked by two men.

"Do you children have any idea what you've done?" Miss Granada fumed. "Stealing one of our trains? Turning headquarters upside down? Flying an alien shuttle into outer space? Hmm?" Her whole attitude changed in an instant. "Well done! Looks like we underestimated your abilities and your leadership qualities. You took a huge risk, but it was the right risk. Headquarters was attacked just minutes after you escaped. If you hadn't broken out, you would have all been captured. And now you've managed to lead us into the heart of this alien mothership? Mm. So proud!" Something wasn't right.

"Wait, so we're not in trouble?" Missy confirmed in confusion.

"Of course not! You are heroes." Miss Granada smiled.

The rest of the kids started cheering and jumping up and down. But I stayed still, staring at Miss Granada trying to answer my unspoken questions. How did she even get here? Being my main one. Closely followed by: she never admits to being wrong, and now she's admitting that she's wrong to a bunch of kids?

"Missy!" I heard Wheels call in a low voice. I looking over at him along with Missy. "Her vital signs are all over the place."

Ojo showed Missy her tablet. Missy's eyes widened when she saw it. Miss Granada is an alien.

The president suddenly appeared behind Miss Granada. "Save your breath Granada. They know."

Miss Granada's smile of suspicious pride turned into one of deviousness. "Uh oh!" Guppy gulped.

Not only Miss Granada, but also the president and the people around them grew out their tentacles from their back. "Well then, round them up!"

In an instant, the whole group had tentacles surrounding their bodies.

"Let me go!" I hollered as they dragged me down the hall.

Upon reaching a door, an alien opened it and pushed everyone inside.

The alien that had been holding me pushed me a bit too hard and I stumbled into the room, bumping into Acapella.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"It's ok." Acapella answered, slightly out of breath. I looked up at her to see that she was blushing slightly.

Why was she blushing? Maybe..? No. It couldn't be.