So Close But So Far

OJO POV

I didn't know how much time I had before the rest of the group noticed that I was missing. I sprinted through the hallways that I knew so well until I heard their voices...and what I heard was not what I wanted to hear.

"We're missing someone...where's Ojo?" Missy had noticed and from the sounds of that I heard, the rest of the group had noticed too.

I sprinted down the last hallway, reminding myself that I was not allowed to talk. Rounding the corner, I came to face the group turning to look at me.

"Where were you?" Missy put her hands on her hips. I mentally scoffed. Why did she need to be the leader. It's gone to her head.

I put up a finger to signal that I needed a moment. I may know these halls by heart, but there were a lot of them, and I was out of breath. Once I caught my breath, I looked up at them pointed down a hallway.

"Wait, how did you get out?" Rewind asked.

I looked at him blankly. Like that was what was important right now. They had argued for a while, but I had a power none of them knew about: I was able to gaze through walls. No further explanation needed.

Silence followed my look. "Wheels, how much time do we have?" Missy asked.

"Twenty five minutes."

"This is your fault." WildCard pointed at Missy.

I snapped to get the attention back and mimed shooting something out of my hand and then mimed a fire.

"What are you doing?" WildCard asked in annoyance.

I glared at him as I had an internal battle with myself. I could just say Phoenix's name. It was a desperate time. Besides, I've spoken before, but only to Guppy and even then it was rare. But desperate times called for desperate measures. I opened my mouth and uttered one word, "Phoenix."

"What about her?" Wheels asked.

I pointed behind me again and at that, A Capella finally got it.

"Well where is she?" I asked desperately.

I turned and headed back to where I had just come from with the rest of them following me.

I finally got to the door and reached for the handle, only to find it locked. Step 1 was a success. Now for the next step. A group of aliens appeared at the end of the hallway ahead of us. Turning around, another group blocked the way.

"Uh, guys?" Rewind voiced. "What do we do?"

Missy, being the obnoxious appointed leader that she is, relaxed and put her fists down.

"Why do you seem so calm?" Noodles asked.

"Because, we have something they don't know about, a secret weapon." Missy was way too cocky for her own good.

"We do?" Wheels asked.

"Yeah. Teamwork! Alone, our powers are special, but together we're unstoppable."

"Which is why I said that we needed Faye!" A Capella snapped.

"Slo-Mo, attack!" Missy ordered, completely ignoring her. "A Capella, eardrums!"

Begrudgingly, she listened. Not because she was told to, but because she needed Phoenix. She sang a high note, hurting all the alien's, minus me, ears.

"Rewind, take them down!" Missy continued.

Rewind cracked his knuckles and smiled before running into the aliens.

Slo-Mo ran to a lead alien, well actually, his name is Marcus, but that's not important. Having a slow boy run at you isn't very intimidating, so I didn't blame Marcus for not expecting him.

Punches were thrown from Rewind as he beat up another alien named Milo.

"Guppy? Guppy?" Missy noted Guppy's disappearance and left to find her.

Slo-Mo had finally gotten to Marcus and punched him in the stomach, making him double over.

"Guppy? Guppy, what are you doing?" I heard from behind me.

"Staying calm." Guppy replied.

"Well, not now!" Missy exclaimed while punches were thrown from the current hallway.

A Capella ran forward to a blonde alien named Amy and started throwing hands.

"Guppy, listen to me." I heard Missy. "Shark frenzy. Everyone stand back!"

Looking around, we all saw Guppy charging down the hallway and taking out alien after alien.

Wheels came forward and clicked something on his screen, making the wheels on his wheelchair start spinning rapidly. "Noodles, chin up bar!"

Noodles extended his arm and grabbed onto the opposite wall. Wheels grabbed onto it and let his wheelchair go, knocking over the aliens in front of him. He sat back down in his wheelchair and let go of Noodles who brought his hand back.

"Great job, Wheels!" Missy congratulated.

Singing came from behind everyone. Everyone turned to see A Capella taking her anger on Phoenix not being there out on the standing aliens.

"Go, A Capella!"

She did something with Amy's arm which would have broken a normal person's arm, but instead, Amy's arm simply turned into her tentacle, grossing A Capella out and running back to the group.

Everyone got back to their feet and faced us. The aliens that Wheels had previously knocked down grabbed chains from the ceiling and put them on all of our wrists.

At that moment, I heard it: yelling and banging coming from behind the door to which Phoenix was being held. I internally smirked. Everything was going according to plan.

A Capella tensed up and strained to get to the door, but the chains were preventing her. Tears started to well up in her eyes. She was so close to her should be girlfriend, but at the same time, she was so far.

Hiii!
I just wanted to say, I know that the aliens weren't given names, but since it was Ojo's perspective, I thought it would be fun.