Meeting Missy

PHOENIX POV

"Nix. Nix! Nix, wake up!" I heard something being drunk and water moving. My eyes snapped open as I realized what was happening. Guppy was standing next to me, looking up. My eyes snapped to where she was looking and saw water in the shape of a heart above my head. I braced for the impact but it didn't come. I looked over to Guppy. "Not going to splash me today?"

"You know my cost." Guppy told me with a smile on her face. 

I smiled to myself and sat up. I lifted my hands up to the heart and a stream of fire shot out of my hands. I directed the flames so that the fire snaked its way around the heart and formed a wall around it. It didn't last long however, because the water put my fire out, but Guppy likes when I do that. Its our way of saying that we love each other without words. Fire and water being opposites, but sisters are forever. 

"Anyway," Guppy told me, releasing her hold on the water, making it fall on my head. "Mommy and daddy need to go and fight the bad guys, so we are getting picked up in a few minutes."

"And you splashed the water on me why?" I asked.

"Your hair is pretty when it gets wet."

"Thank you, but I can't use my powers until my hair dries now." I reminded Guppy.

TIME SKIP

I entered the classroom with Guppy and took my seat next to Rewind. Everyone was going wild, using their powers and such, but I was stuck in my seat because my hair was still wet. Instead of sitting in my seat, bored, I let my eyes wander. Although, to say that your eyes are wandering, your eyes would need to actually be looking around and not following someone. 

I watched Acapella sing her way across the room, making objects fly. "Hey, Faye!" There was only one person that called me that, Acapella. She had wanted a nickname for me that only she could use. That was when she came up with the nickname "Faye". 

I looked up at her to see her gesturing for me to join her in the air. I shrugged and flipped a piece of my wet hair. Acapella nodded and sung her way over to me. She landed in front of my desk and looked at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, uncomfortably aware that I was blushing.

"How'd you get your hair wet? You're usually really good about not letting it get wet." Acapella said. 

"Oh." I felt silly for not understanding faster. "Guppy dropped water on me."

"Did she do that cute thing where she makes a heart and then you wrap the heart in fire?" Acapella asked.

"Yeah. She said that she wouldn't drop it on me but she did. Which is why I'm wet. I didn't expect it." I mentally kicked myself. I could've just said that she dropped it on me. Why did I always need to be so awkward around her? Why couldn't she just be a crush that I could be around normally? 

Acapella giggled slightly and opened her mouth to say something, but before she could, Noodles yelled,

"She's coming!" 

Acapella rushed back to her seat as did everyone else. Rewind elbowed me to bring me back to reality and I rushed to make it look like I had been working the whole time. 

Miss Granada entered the room with a girl next to her. The girl looked like she was around the same age as everyone else there, minus Guppy. 

"Everyone, this is Missy." Miss Granada told the room. "She will be joining you today. Missy, I'd appreciate it if you would take a seat right there and quietly continue your studies along with the other children. Children, thank you all for respecting my rules. Your parents will be very proud when I tell them of your exceptional behavior. Well done." She turned on her heel and left the room.